Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Sunny St. George

To celebrate the New Year, we headed down to sunny St. George after my inventory count on Tuesday. We got a lot of good old fashion relaxing in while we were there. We slept in past 9:00 every morning and then enjoyed a WARM morning run for a change. Rog played video games with my little brother and I scrapbooked. We watched movies and played games. And we went out to eat practically every night!

New Year's Eve we had a fondue party and then played with sparklers and poppers at midnight. My dad actually stayed awake until midnight which was quite the accomplishment for him.

We went to see Seven Pounds at my request. We had heard from a couple in our ward that it was excellent and all the previews had made me very curious. It didn't receive very good reviews from the critics, so I was a little nervous that everyone would hate it and it would be my fault. Fortunately I think everyone liked it for the most part anyway. It was kind of sad, but I really did enjoy it. I would recommend it.

Rog got money for a bike for Christmas, so he got a bike while we were there. My dad and brother have the same bike, so they are now bike buddies. We also bought a bike rack, so we could bring it home (but also because we are planning on taking our bikes on many adventures this summer).

We went to my parent's ward temple night at the St. George temple and got to be the witness couple for the first time which was a great experience.

We had such a good time and neither of us wanted to come back to reality here in Provo where it is FREEZING, we have to go to bed and get up at normal times, Rog has to go to school, and I have to go to work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Being back in reality sucks.

Kris and Megan said...

how funny about all those Jan 5th bdays! that's also Kris' dad's bday, one of my best friend's, and then my little sister is the next day... anyway, have lots of fun playing rockband, kris would die and go to heaven if i got that for him! :) his bday is on the 12th so we'll see what i can do...

Kris and Megan said...

how funny about all those Jan 5th bdays! that's also Kris' dad's bday, one of my best friend's, and then my little sister is the next day... anyway, have lots of fun playing rockband, kris would die and go to heaven if i got that for him! :) his bday is on the 12th so we'll see what i can do...