Saturday, February 24, 2018

Disney Movie Nights

10 days before our trip to Disneyland I had the idea to watch a Disney movie every day to countdown to our trip. I had to feed us dinner anyway, so it wasn't that much extra work to plan a meal based on each movie. Our kids are very familiar with almost all of the Disney movies, so it wasn't like we really needed to watch them, but it was just really fun!

I had leftover egg rolls and sauce in our freezer from Christmas Eve, so all I had to do was defrost and cook those and make some fried rice. We typically watch Mulan around this time of year anyway for Lunar New Year, so this was an obvious choice.


I had Tandoori Chicken and Indian Rice (from OBB Savoring the Seasons cookbook) with Naan already on our menu and since India is close to Saudi Arabia, I thought that would work for Aladdin. I also frosted some graham crackers and put some sprinkles on for a special (very easy) "magic carpet" treat.


This day was the Super Bowl, so we planned to watch Zootopia before church (a movie morning). I made donuts (these with this glaze and some pink food coloring and sprinkles) because of the big donut in Zootopia. (I don't like chocolate donuts, so I did pink since the writing on the donut is pink.)



So many options for Beauty and the Beast food. I settled on soup du jour (broccoli cheese soup), a baguette (french bread), and the grey stuff (seriously so delicious). 


We had cannonballs (meatballs) for our Peter Pan movie night. Although I realized after that Pirate's Booty would have worked too! 


We always have Jambalaya and watch Princess and the Frog for Mardi Gras (and we were going to be at Disneyland on Mardi Gras), so this night was a must!


We had a busy night ahead of us, so I decided to let the kids watch Alice in Wonderland with their friends after school. Our kids have seen this movie, but it's not one they are super familiar with, so this was a good review.


I made "drink me" drinks and "eat me" cakes - both super easy. I drank one of the drinks and discovered sadly that Kool-Aid Bursts are one of those foods that you thought was good as a kid, but is not good as an adult.


I made Homemade Macaroni and Cheese with shell noodles for our Little Mermaid movie night. Unfortunately we all thought it was disgusting. The texture was right on, but something about the taste was off.


We had to do a Toy Story movie night and we kept it super simple by ordering pizza from "Pizza Planet" since we were busy taking care of last minute things before our trip. 


We wanted to introduce the kids to Fantasia since they had never seen it and we were planning on going to see Fantasmic at Disneyland. They liked the parts with Mickey, but were not interested in the rest of it. I kept it super simple with Mickey Waffles since we were leaving the next morning!


This was super fun and something we might have to make a tradition for before each Disney trip!

0 comments: