Sunday, September 21, 2008

Top of Utah Marathon!

Saturday Roger ran his third marathon. His first marathon he ran with his brother-in-law, Irving. Then his second marathon he ran with me. He had always wanted to run one on his own, so when I had to drop out because of my cyst and knee problems, this turned out to be his opportunity. His goal was under 4 hours... And his time was... drum roll...

His actual time was 3 hours, 59 minutes, and 7 seconds, but I was a little slow snapping the picture. I was sooooooo proud of him! Here are a few pictures from just a minute or two after he finished.

I waited for almost 3 hours at mile 24 and then after he passed, I booked it to the finish line where I took this footage of the last tenth of a mile.



Because I had already paid for the marathon when I had to drop out, they allowed me to run the 5K. The past few months I have been doing more biking than running to hopefully allow my knee to heal, so I wasn't in my top condition. This race wasn't my worst time, but it definitely wasn't my best time. But because all the "real" runners were running the marathon, I took third place in the 5K! It was fun to actually place in a run. Here are the posted results and me with my ribbon!

5 comments:

Mom Lori said...

Run Roger run . . .
Run Shauna run . . .
What a silly mom you have
Congratulations to both of you.
I love you tons!

Ashley said...

Congratulations to both of you! That's great. I respect anyone who can run for long distances like that because I certainly can't.

Roger said...

YOU GOT THIRD!!! What kind of superhuman freak are you :) I am sooo proud of you wife.

ashley said...

Congratulations you guys! I can't believe that was his third marathon, very impressive! And way to go Shauna on the third place!

tracy said...

Hey, i've got your "real" blog now...yay! now i can actually leave comments...smirk. Way to go both of you...ya'll are amazing...or is that, i thought i was the c r a z y one?!

Congrats!!! :o)