Wednesday, August 31, 2011

August Decorations

This month was the month of redos. I would finish something and then hate it and have to redo it. It was pretty ridiculous. I actually just barely finished and it's the 31st.
The SUN blocks are from a few years ago, but I had to change a few things about them because they didn't match the new stuff. The caterpillar stayed the same and so did the HOME "O", but that's all.
I actually only did the flip flops once. Amazing. I originally did the Subway Art with white lettering, but you couldn't read it from more than a few feet away, so I had to redo it with brighter colors.
I had to redo 4 out of the 5 things in my shadow box. The first time I did a color scheme of red, yellow, white, and dark blue and I hated it. So all but the sun got a new coat of paint.
I didn't have August plates last year because I couldn't find any beach-themed plates. I finally found these ones. They were really little, so I had to find plates to go behind them. I originally bought a green one for in the middle (with an orange one on each side), but I didn't like that, so I returned it for a red one and surprise, didn't like that either. So I finally ended up with 3 oranges and I do like that.
It may have taken me a few million tries, but I am really happy with how everything turned out!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mom Lori said...

Absolutely adorable - Good thing with wood you can redo and make it just right :)

Happy crafting . . .

Roger said...

August was fun because it was full of change. Chief was busy every night. I wonder what she'll do after Corby goes to bed now... oh, wait, it's September now.

Emily said...

These are so darling! You make me laugh that you re-did all of them. I'd just call it good and do it next year when August came round. Good for you to not be lazy like me!