Monday, November 6, 2017

Rest of June

Corbyn's Date with Dad at school got cancelled at the beginning of the year due to the many snow days we had. It was finally rescheduled for the day before the last day of school. They painted a bird house.


We loved having Mrs. Christensen as Corbyn's teacher and hope Peyton can get her too! She was in our original ward in Oregon and was the Relief Society President when we moved in. I worked closely with her when I was in charge of a craft/cooking group in that ward (until she got released when the school year started), so I was already on a texting basis with her. So nice to be able to text your child's teacher!


I made her this pencil from the Wood Connection and sent it with Corbyn on the last day of school.


June 21st: Last day of school (finally)!


We picked up Grandma Lori and Papa George from the airport after picking up Corbyn from his last day of school.

The very next day Corbyn got sick with a stomach bug of some sort. He threw up a few times and then had no appetite/energy for a week. We were really worried it was something worse than just a normal stomach bug because no one else got it, but we took him to the doctor a few times and each time the doctor insisted it was nothing to worry about and should go away on its own. Luckily it did, but it was a bummer because he was sick the whole time grandma and grandpa were here.



I got in a quick 12 miles while they were here.


They came for Peyton's recital, but it worked out that it was right after Corbyn's birthday, so we could celebrate that too. I made his cake the first day he was sick thinking it'd just be a quick 24 hour thing and he'd be able to eat it the next day. He barely had a few bites, but the rest of us enjoyed it.


It was my first time working with fondant and it went pretty well.


Corbyn wanted to go to Build-a-Bear like Peyton did for her birthday. He made a Squirtle Pokemon and then went home and crashed.


The main event was Peyton's dance recital. (And actually my recital too!)


It was fun for me to be backstage and watch/take pictures from back there. 


It was especially fun to see her right before and right after she performed and hear her immediate reaction.


I loved dancing and having a chance to perform again. I was so mad at myself that I made one little mistake because I knew that routine so well. There was a part where half of us froze while the other half did a step and then we did it after them. Well the lady in front of me forgot to freeze, so when she started to go, so did I. 😡


Our teacher was the very best. She was able to keep me challenged while also allowing the others in the class who were at a little lower level to enjoy the class as well. 


Peyton won't always think it's cool that her mom's in the recital with her, but she did this year!


 The Monday they were here was the start of 2 weeks of swim lessons. I was worried Corbyn wouldn't be able to do them being so sick, but he was feeling his best in the morning and was able to enjoy them even though he'd crash later in the day. 


My mom came to watch and took some pictures of me and Logan doing our Mommy & Me class.


Logan and Peyton enjoyed a few walks with grandma and grandpa.


Blackberries weren't growing yet, but I made them a blackberry pie with frozen blackberries. Winco sells them cheap. 


I was getting ready for a RS craft night I was hosting and helped my mom make one. She doesn't like this picture because she hadn't done her makeup yet.


She put her makeup on and had my dad take this picture on the way to the airport. (They took MAX since it was rush hour and driving them to the airport would have taken forever.)


Peyton was completely distraught that they left and couldn't stop crying.


The day after they left I was in charge of a big activity for Relief Society. 


We had people donate ingredients and then I spent almost the whole day prepping food for it. (I had a little help browning ground beef.)


When we finished the night we had 30 freezer meals prepped. Some to have on hand for when needs arise, but at least half for a family in our ward who had twins born at 24 weeks and now still have serious medical issues (even though they are almost 2). 


Library day - Corbyn was finally feeling better! I got him a Ricky Ricotta's Mighty Robot book and he couldn't wait to start reading it.


A little playtime at the library park.


Finally warm enough to get out the little picnic table for the deck and hooray for Corbyn actually eating food!


The ladies that attended my craft night.


Firecrackers! These were a great way to use up some of my overabundance of 4th of July paper.


I saw this quilt-a-long to make a Modern Christmas Tree Quilt. I'm much too slow to actually quilt-a-long, but it was great motivation to get started.


I took the kids to Fabric Depot (only decent fabric store close to me and it's 20 minutes away) with me to get some Christmas fabric. Logan was so excited to be there!


I treated them to Burgerville after and even sat at the little table with them.


And that was June!

0 comments: