Sunday, November 9, 2008

I don't get it...

A few months ago a new Walgreens opened right across the street from the Rite Aid we usually go to to fill our prescriptions. This always blows my mind:


Pretty much every month we transfer my birth control prescription from one pharmacy to the other and get a gift card. They don't let you use the gift card to pay for your prescription... So we pay $7 for the prescription and then get $25 or $30 to spend on whatever we want. I guess they get money from the insurance company and that makes it worth it for them?

4 comments:

Maddy said...

that is sweeeeet!!! Now I'm going to do it!

tracy said...

Heh, heh. You wiley ones, you.

Katie Rich said...

Hey thanks for the tip! I am so going to try this.

Mom Lori said...

Nice job sweetheart!
Good to share our money-saving secrets too.