Monday, November 17, 2008

Quite the Adventure!

Today I had an eye appointment at 2:30. I left work around 2:10, so I could have time to fill out all the paperwork because it was my first time going to this doctor. (I had a bad experience with my last eye doctor.) When I walked in a very unfriendly face greeted me. It took her awhile to find me in the computer and when she did she said, "Your appointment is in Payson." I couldn't believe it! Why would I schedule an appointment all the way in Payson when they have offices both in Orem and Provo?? Fortunately the other girl at the front desk was much nicer. She made a few clicks and then announced that there was an opening at this office. PHEW!!


So after I filled out all the paperwork, I sat down to wait. After about a half hour I started to get VERY worried especially since many people who had come in after me had already gone back. Finally one of the doctor's assistants came up to the desk and yelled at the receptionists for not informing her that they added me. She called me back and appologized.

From there the appointment went much more smoothly. I liked this doctor much better than my last eye doctor. He said I needed a stronger prescription, but I was expecting that. He also said that my eyes looked very healthy and that my cataracts (yes, I have cataracts at 22) are very mild. The last doctor I saw who informed me that I have cataracts made me feel like they were awful. And considering that I had to wait probably 40 minutes, I got out of there in good time.

On my way back to work, I called Roger to tell him about my appointment. As I was saying goodbye, I started to hear a bad noise coming from my back right tire. I pulled over and sure enough, it was flat! I totally changed it myself even though I was in tears for most of the experience and I had Rog telling me what to do most of the time.

About 2 hours from the time I left work, I pulled back into the parking lot. My hands were dirty, but I was pretty proud to tell my coworkers that I changed my tire! And of course I took pictures to document my tire changing success!


Just in case you were wondering... Yes, I get to ride the scooter again tomorrow! YIPEE!!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I'm impressed! I wouldn't have been able to change the tire, and i definitely would have been crying. I'm sorry about the eye doctor. I haven't had wonderful experiences here with them either.

tracy said...

You rock girl!!!!! And you changed the tire without totally throwing out your back like dumbo moi did...(the secret...jump on the tire iron...too late for me!).
Sorry the whole experience was so awful...i would have been in tears too...like i'm not half the time anyhow...Bah!!!
However, you are the only one i know who could turn the day in to an "adventure"...rock on!

Love,
the Crazy Aunt in the Attic (everyone should have one!)

Anonymous said...

:)Well, I guess because you can change your own tire you don't need me anymore. Good luck with you life and more of you adventures.

If you ever want to see me I'll be living under a bridge:)

Good job, Chief

tracy said...

Heh, heh, Roger, come out from under that bridge...something tells me she still needs you...And wants you! :)

Emily said...

I seriously could NOT change my own tire. Nope, don't have the slightest idea!

Way to go wonder woman!