Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Day of Love

All the computers at APX got infected with some sort of a virus today. Apparently they have a fix, but it won't work for a few hours. Because I'm lucky or something, my computer seems to have been hit harder than any of the others. My P Drive (the network drive where we save EVERYTHING) has disappeared. I can't do any work. This is awesome. NOT! So I thought I would do a post about our day of love to kill some time while I am waiting for it to be fixed.

The day started with us sleeping in. We were planning on going for a nice run, but it was practically a blizzard outside, so we decided to be lazy instead. Then we were going to see Bolt at the dollar theatre, but the line was around the corner. So we watched You've Got Mail and I scrapbooked (Rog was super excited about this).

Our celebration of the day of love actually started when we went to Applebees (my favorite restaurant) and then to our stake Valentine's Day dance. The dance was fun, but a little humorous. It was a good thing Emily and Zack were there to have a good laugh with us. After about an hour of the dance, we decided that we had had enough of that. So we went to Emily and Zack's to watch Get Smart and eat yummy sugar cookies. Overall it was good day.

We decided we didn't need to do gifts because Rog isn't so much into Valentine's Day. He did carve me a heart in the snow and then a nice lady in our complex helped him outline it in red food coloring. Unfortunately it got covered up when our parking lot was plowed. Good thing we got a picture first.

5 comments:

Roger said...

Admit it, that is a cute heart.

Mom Lori said...

I'm worried about your com! Is it working again and did you get all your information back?

Hopefully you got a little Valentine from us in the mail. Haven't heard back yet from anyone.

Kent gives me a sour cream lemon pie for Valentine's Day. Much yummier than flowers!

tracy said...

Oh, i must find a way to send you a link, i know Lori has seen it..."Can you Feel It...? It's Tu'Bav?" (Israeli Valentine's Day). It's cute. Chris gave me a gorgeous , huge bouquet of dasies (my favorite flower) and, get this...a fuzzy hamster toy that runs around a wheel...a nod to my life, perhaps...? Ha! i gave him a book about a puppy rescued by a group of Marines in Baghdad and a bookmark with a Thoreau quote...tres romantic!!

tracy said...

That is a v e r y cute heart, Irish!

tracy said...

i love the way you guys are having fun with the poster...tee hee! if i find what i am looking for, it will come under the name "Ironrageofg-d" (it's Sam's account...!) Everything from "You Tube" comes under that...