Tuesday, March 3, 2009

St. George Weekend

This weekend we went down to St. George. The primary purpose for our trip was for Rog to fix our car, but it also happened to be the half-way point between my brother's birthday and my birthday (his is February 22nd and mine is March 5).

We drove down Friday with Diana and Jason and met my family at Olive Garden for dinner. Then we had a French Silk pie from Village Inn for my birthday cake and my mom gave me my presents. She got me the two games I have been wanting (For Sale and Chicken Foot) and some money that I am going to use to finish my collection of the Harry Potter books. I insisted on having a 2 candle and a 3 candle for my pie because I decided if you're going to be that old, you might as well be proud of it. (I know it's not that old, but seriously it's the first year I have felt old.)

Fred, our car, has been sick for a few weeks now. He needed a new radiator, a new water pump, and a new timing belt while we were at it. Rog hung out with his dad and grandpa all day Saturday working on it. They were able to fix the radiator without any problems, but they would have had to practically take out the whole engine to do the water pump and timing belt. So we're going to watch those and eventually pay to have them replaced. My dad said that he was just impressed Rog could take the car apart and then put it back together and have it still drive. I agree! He's so talented!

While Rog was fixing the car, I had a busy day goofing off. I started the morning with a 4.5 mile run. Then I went golfing with my mom and dad. Because there was only 3 of us, we got paired with a random guy. I had never golfed with a stranger, so I was a little scared until we discovered he was my cheer coach/dance company instructor's husband. Small world!

After golf I had Roger's grandpa help me cut and sand some wood for a project I am working on. Stay tuned for the finished product... Thank you Grandpa Phillips for your help!!


We went to dinner at Village Inn with Roger's family and then stayed up late playing my new games with my family. We had a great weekend!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I can't wait to see your project!

Anonymous said...

It was a wild and wonderful weekend.

Now, it's time to get ready for Chief's B-Day.

Emily said...

Tell Grandpa Phillips thanks from me for the blocks as well!! Big help! Oh, and you went golfing with Robin's husband!? Weird. Very weird. How was that?

Mom Lori said...

We loved having you down for the weekend. Are you ready to come again?

Good thing Robin's husband was very nice because Shauna and I are very particular about who we golf with.
Of course, we would have definitely preferred Roger or Jason.

Mom Lori said...

Hey, that's awesome how you have numbers on your pie!

Anonymous said...

Next time you decide to head off to St. George you should check out some of their real estate listings at http://www.neighborcity.com/UT/ST.-GEORGE