Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Part 1

We celebrated our Christmas over a few days this year. On Tuesday, December 22, we decided to open our gifts to each other rather than take them all to Colorado. We aren't very good at surprises, but we did both have at least one gift that was a surprise. Mine was a beanie. I mentioned that I liked the kind with braids hanging down and he got me one. His surprise was a BYU hat and a wind-up caterpillar. While Rog and I were at Michael's getting stuff for the ornaments we make at our most recent Relief Society meeting, we saw the wind-up toys. I remembered he liked this caterpillar and went back to get it later. His shoes were also kind of a surprise, but he guessed they were shoes from the shape of the box and because I asked what size shoes he wears.



On Wednesday, December 23, we celebrated our traditional Christmas Eve with the Riries a day early. My parents and Jared were going to visit my sister in Texas and Rog and I were going to Colorado to visit Rog's family (our flights left on the 24th in the morning), so we convinced them to have it on the 23rd. My dad served his mission in Denmark and there they celebrate "Little Christmas Eve" on the 23rd, so we said this was our "Little Christmas Eve."



After the party, we opened our presents from my parents. Among other things I got 7 cricut cartridges. My mom is great at finding good deals on ebay, so she didn't pay full price. I'm very excited to get back to Provo and use them!


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Roger said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!

Emily said...

7 cartridges?!?!?! Good Gosh!! I am so glad I live so close to you! I have 2, but you gotta start somewhere right?

tracy said...

Who's the hottie with you and Grandma Ririe?

tracy said...

i thought "Little Christmas" was celebrated on Epithany...maybe that's only in certian countries like the US.

tracy said...

Well......?

Shauna said...

Haha, Tracy... the hottie is my cousin, Brady. How he is not married yet, I cannot figure out!

tracy said...

That's Brady???? Wow, i am OLD! i can't believe how grown up he is! :) Well, he will be a catch, that's for certian! Thanks for answering. Looking forward to your next entry...hope inventory wasn't too awful...hugs to you and Roger and little Jelly Bean!

Mom Lori said...

Little Christmas Eve was great - maybe we started a new tradition.

I am a good little internet shopper . . .