Thursday, December 31, 2009

The past few days...

On Tuesday McKae, Rog's sister who is getting married on Saturday, went through the temple for the first time. After the session, we had Dixie's famous egg rolls and got to play with our nephews who were in Oklahoma for Christmas.

Remember our perfect flight to Denver? Well, our flight to SLC was anything but perfect. We were scheduled to leave at 6:10, so we got to the airport a little after 4. We made it through security with no problems and got some dinner. Our flight boarded a few minutes late and then we sat there for a good half hour while they worked on a weight distribution problem. After we'd been in the air for awhile, the pilot announced that we were in a holding pattern because they were clearing snow in SLC. That meant that we got to fly around in circles for 25-30 minutes. When we finally got out of the holding pattern, we still had a half hour to go before we got to SLC. In summary, we got there over an hour late.

Then of course it was snowing, so it took us until 11:30 to get to Provo. And to top it all off, our apartment was absolutely FREEZING when we finally got there!

Before I knew it, it was Wednesday morning and I was counting inventory. Thankfully it was quick and painless. By 12:45 I was headed home to spend the rest of the day with Rog putting together our new entertainment center. As you will see, we went with the $300 one.

(Excuse my ugliness, I didn't shower for obvious reasons.)





Ta da, the finished product! (Yes, I know the speaker on the right is shorter than the one on the left and the cord is hanging out. I assure you, it has been fixed.) Now we just have to figure out what to do with our extra entertainment center as I have decided it cannot stay. Does anyone in the Provo area need an entertainment center for the next 4 months? Or does someone want to store it for us until we move? We'd be forever grateful!


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Emily said...

Might I say that is a very fine looking TV stand! I really truly like it a lot more than the other one you have to give back. Nice job you two!

Rachel said...

I love the entertainment center! I can't wait to see it in real life. Ugh, I'm so sorry about the flight! We're flying on Sunday and hoping for a smooth ride (not likely though!) Happy New Year!

Mom Lori said...

Nice work guys - good thing you fixed the height of the speakers.

Love the entertainment center.

Hey, what's all that white stuff outside?