Monday, May 2, 2016

The Big 3-0!

I turned the big 3-0 on Saturday, March 5th. To celebrate I requested we go see Frozen Disney on Ice (because I'm really like 5 at heart). We went the day before my birthday to the afternoon showing.

Peyton really didn't want to take a family picture for some reason (and Rog joined her with a grumpy face), but we really had a great time. If you can't go to Disneyland for your birthday, Disney on Ice is a pretty good substitute.

After the show we drove to Nothing Bundt Cakes in Sandy to get my free birthday bundtlet. We got there at 6:15 and were disappointed to discover that they close at 6:00. I could see a light on in the back, so I decided to knock. One of the workers rather grumpily came to the door and we explained that we live all the way down in Spanish Fork and asked if she could please just give me my free bundtlet since we had come all this way. She didn't try to hide her annoyance, but gave it to me after checking my driver's license to see that it was actually my birthday week. 

Pei Wei was right across the parking lot from Nothing Bundt Cakes, so we went there for dinner since I didn't really have anything in mind and that sounded good. We had to wait a long time and when we finally sat down with our food, Logan threw up. (I mentioned at the end of my February blog that we had another stomach bug make its way through our family. Logan had it forever and would be fine and then randomly throw up out of nowhere.)

I had been feeling a little iffy, but nothing too bad until I went to bed that night. I woke up with diarrhea and threw up once. (Perfect timing!) Rog let me sleep in and I felt much better in the morning although not 100%. When I got up I opened my presents. 

I got some mint dip bowls (want)...

A headlamp (need - for Ragnar and night running), earrings from one of my favorite Etsy shops (wear)... 

And an Amazon gift card for Kindle books (read).

I got ready and was feeling well enough to go to Waffle Love for lunch.

Our HOA board had scheduled a walkthrough of our community that afternoon, so I did that. It took forever and when I got back I wasn't feeling too great (a little dehydrated I think). I had been planning on making Glazed Mini Meatloaves for dinner, but wasn't feeling up to it (I made them Monday night instead). We had date night swap again that night, so we took our kids over and then went to dinner at Kneaders with my parents.

After dinner we played Monopoly Deal until it was time to pick up our kids. (I got to play the It's My Birthday card a few times which was highly appropriate.)

On Sunday I was feeling pretty much all better. I made French Dip Sandwiches with Stuffed Potatoes and S'mores Cookie Bars for my cake. My mom found these party hats while going through her basement.

30 candles is a lot to blow out!

It was a bummer to be sick on my birthday, but I was just grateful I didn't get it too bad and that it didn't last too long. (My dad got it and he was really sick for a few days.)

Here's to being 30 years young!