Saturday, December 30, 2017

Conference Weekend

Many people have special treats or breakfasts that they make every single conference weekend. Sunday morning we always have some kind of waffles at our house because of the Ririe Waffle Breakfast, but Saturday morning I make whatever I'm in the mood for. This year it was biscuit cinnamon rolls


In between sessions we took a walk and shared some with the Yates.

Sunday morning we had Whole Grain Waffles. I love these waffles because they are healthy as opposed to your traditional waffles that are often more a dessert than breakfast. (Although I definitely love that kind of waffle too! Hello, Waffle Love!) Rog doesn't exactly share my enthusiasm for them, but he'll eat them and so will the kids.


Aside from eating... Conference weekend is for fort building...


Playing with Slime...


And doing puzzles.


This conference weekend was for finishing up projects. 

I was trying to finish decorating our built-in shelves, so I made this USA 3D Box Sign I bought forever ago.


This little detail is hard to see unless you look closely, but I love it.


I got this U.S. National Parks print from Stately Type (not available anymore) for Christmas a few years ago.


We have a goal to visit every national park, so I decided to color them as we visit. I have been to a few that Rog hasn't and he has been to a few I haven't, but these are the ones we have been to together. Glacier National Park we have only really been through on our way to Waterton National Park, so I colored it to be the famous Going-to-the-Sun Road that we have traveled on.


I finished binding my second flag pillow. (I finished binding the first on our way home from Seattle.)


I kept the one on the left to match my flag quilt and sent the scrappy one to my friend, Emily Pugh, who loves the 4th of July and was having a rough year with Zack being diagnosed with cancer for the 3rd time and all that that entails.


I finished this football door hang (too late to display this year, but it will be ready for next year).


And finally I finished this Cougar Run frame with my 4 medals from the years I placed in my age group.


Hooray for finishing projects, eating yummy breakfasts, and most importantly, feasting on the words of our living prophets! 

1 comments:

tracy said...


I know I posted a comment here...oh, well, want to say thank you for the cute Christmas card and your crafting is amazing...talented, Yes!

Sending Love