Friday, February 23, 2018

Five on Friday

1. We pretty much missed the whole first week of the Olympics while we were at Disneyland, but we've tried to make the most of the second week with lots of Olympic binge watching. On Monday we had an Olympic FHE. I pulled out the flag banner I made for the 2016 Summer Olympics, we had a quick lesson on the Olympic flag and what it represents, and we had Olympic Ring Sugar Cookies for our treat. The best part though was the Winter Olympic activities Rog planned for us. We had speed skating races around our counter, had a curling competition with bracelets, and did a relay race with hardboiled eggs and spoons. (That last one was kind of random, but it was fun.)


2. We just finished reading the third Harry Potter on Sunday and our neighbors (who finished it a couple weeks ago) had been patiently waiting for us to finish, so we could watch the third movie together. It was looking like our schedules wouldn't align for a couple weeks, but then my RS presidency meeting got canceled on Tuesday night (because of snow) and we were able to do it that night. I tried Our Best Bites' recipe for Butterbeer and while it wasn't as good as what you can get at Universal Studios, it was still a fun treat.


3. Since all of our snow days were in December and January last year, I mistakenly thought when we made it to February we had made it a whole school year without one. We got home from Disneyland just in time to have a week full of snow days. Church was let out an hour early on Sunday, Monday would have been a snow day if it weren't already President's Day, school was let out 2 hours early on Tuesday, and school was cancelled both Wednesday and Thursday. It was so nice to finally send the big kids off to school today and have a normal day with just me and Logan!


4. While we were at Disneyland, the transportation office called to let me know our bus route was getting a new schedule. Since we were already early in the route I thought for sure they were changing it back to how it was last year when we were at the end of the route and we'd be able to sleep in a bit. No such luck, we are still early in the route and they are starting earlier, so we have to be at the bus stop at least 10 minutes earlier which means we have to get up 10 minutes earlier. We were already getting up at 7:00, so I'm not happy about this change! I tried to convince the kids that we should start a carpool with some of our neighbors just for the morning, but they (mostly Peyton) insist they want to ride the bus. School doesn't start until 8:30, so getting picked up at 7:39 seems a little ridiculous to me, but you can't beat the convenience of the bus!

5. I'm still on a Disney high this week, so I framed my pins from this Disneyland trip.


We hung some other frames in the craft room a few months ago, but waited to hang the 2016 frame since by then we knew we were going to Disneyland again soon. It was nice to finally get 2016 hung and have this wall done - until of course we go to Disneyland again!


While I was at it, I printed off some pictures from our trip and reworked my Disney bulletin board. I'm getting close(ish) to finishing the craft room, so hopefully soon I'll be posting about that!


And that was our week!

0 comments: