Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Advent December 2017

Our advent is one of my favorite December traditions. Most of the activities are easy and I love how it forces me to take a break from the hustle and bustle of December and spend some quality time with my family.

December 1st: Matching Christmas Pajamas.


December 2nd: Decorate our Tree. We had purchased a tree the day before and decorated it at the stake center for our ward Christmas party that morning. We brought it home and decorated it at our house that afternoon.


December 3rd: First Presidency Christmas Devotional with Cinnamon Bun Popcorn.



December 4th: Christmas Bingo.



December 5th: Christmas Spot-It. 

Time-lapse video here.

December 6th: Christmas Play-doh.





December 7th: Donuts at Joe's Donuts and Wippersnappers. Corbyn and Peyton had a day off of school, so we did a bigger activity. It was our first time trying Joe's Donuts and it was just as good as everyone had told us. Logan and I had been to Wippersnappers in November with our playgroup and we wanted to do it with Corbyn and Peyton. It was a fun day!



December 8th: Make Neighbor Gifts. I reused an idea that I did a few years ago in Utah. The kids helped a little, but it was easier when they didn't help. I had an assembly line going and cranked out 16 dozen muffins.



December 9th: Deliver Neighbor Gifts and Pick out Ornaments. Corbyn picked Yoshi, Peyton picked the Little Mermaid, and we decided to wait to get Logan's when they were half off after Christmas. We ended up getting him a fun Santa ice cream truck ornament that plays music. I got the 3 penguins for myself to represent my 3 kids.




December 10th: Nativity Sticker Activity Book. I found these at Walmart. They were fun and a good Sunday activity to do while Logan napped.




December 11th: Peyton's Dance Open House. 



December 12th: Christmas Perler Beads. Peyton made a wreath and Corbyn made an ornament.


December 13th: Don't Eat the Reindeer.



December 14th: Oregon Trail Elementary Nutcracker. Corbyn was a toy soldier. It was so fun to see him perform! Cutest video of him singing here.



 I had decorated the display case and earned us reserved seats up front.




December 15th: Roll a Snowman.



December 16th: Cookie Party. Always fun to continue this tradition from Rog's childhood with our friends.






December 17th: Open and Read a New Christmas Book. This year's book was Christmas Day in the Morning.



December 18th: Movie and Puzzle Night with Friends. The kids watched Elf while me and Erin worked on my Nativity puzzle.


December 19th: See Coco in the Theater. We all loved it and Logan was the cutest little big kid sitting in his own seat the whole time.


December 20th: Christmas Donuts at Krispy Kreme. 



December 21st: Visit Santa.


Bonus Activity: Decorate Graham Cracker Houses. This is an activity I could totally skip, but it's Corbyn's favorite, so every few years I give in and do it for him.





December 22nd: Winter Wonderland Lights.




December 23rd: Zoo Lights. It was freezing and so very crowded, but still fun.





December 24th: Christmas Eve. We enjoyed a beautiful Christmas program at church...


A sprinkling of snow...



Our traditional egg rolls...


Reading the story of Christ's birth in Luke, Christ's birthday cake...


And a surprise visit from the caroling Cribbs family. (I stole this picture from a friend's Instagram, but I could have taken a similar picture when they visited us.)


It was a fun month of advent activities!

1 comments:

Megan Goodrich said...

So much fun! I'm glad you are able to continue your advent tradition!