Thursday, June 28, 2018

Rest of December 2017 (Before Christmas)

I covered most of our December in my advent post, but here are a few other random things I wanted to include.

I had volunteered/been assigned to set up a picture area for Santa at our ward Christmas party. It was supposed to be an easy job. I borrowed an artificial tree and planned to go Friday morning with a few ladies in the ward. The night before/morning of they all bailed on me, so Rog agreed to go with me and work from the stake center while I set up because he didn't want me to be there alone with just Logan. 

When we got there it immediately became clear this wasn't going to be an easy job. The stage was full of random stuff from all throughout the building. The curtains were in terrible condition and barely covered the back of the stage. Then when I got the tree out of its box, it looked terrible and smelled even worse. The lights didn't work and it had decorations on it that clashed with everything I had planned to use.

Rog came to the rescue and helped me clear off the stage. It was clear that we couldn't use the tree I'd borrowed, so we took a break for the afternoon to brainstorm a solution. Ultimately we decided to buy our real tree that night, decorate it at the church, and then take it home to decorate it there after the party. We went back to the church that night and I decorated the stage while Rog helped the young men and young women decorate the rest of the gym. 

I was pretty pleased with how it turned out (especially considering how bad it was to start).


And then the guy taking the pictures totally zoomed in and you couldn't see anything I had set up anyway. Our picture belongs in one of those awkward family pictures calendars. 😂 This is why we had to visit Santa as one of our advent activities.


I didn't take many pictures during the party, but I happened to peek over at the boys during the closing prayer and had to capture this sweet moment. (Yes, I recognize their eyes should be closed.)


I got our Christmas cards sent out.


I went on a field trip with Corbyn and got to watch him at recess before we left. He's always talking about this game he loves to play at recess - GaGa Ball.


We went to see Charlotte's Web put on by a local high school.


The Relief Society President put my Activities Coordinator in charge of the RS Christmas party (since I had done Super Saturday by myself and was gone the first half of November on my cruise), so I hardly had to do anything. I did make 60 ornaments to give out as their gift from the RS presidency.


Logan and I went to Deseret Book one day to pick out our Christmas book and nativity for the year. I ended up getting this mini-porcelain set.


Cheesecake Factory opened in our mall (10 minutes away), so we went on a date there on our turn for date night swap.


Someone did the 12 Days of Christmas for us. I was really hoping they would reveal who they were on the last gift, but they didn't. I don't know if they knew about our recent miscarriage, but it was so sweet and perfect timing (especially if they didn't know). We looked forward to it each night.

1st day - loaf of bread from Great Harvest
2nd day - 2 rolls of tape
3rd day - 3 packs of Jello
4th day - 4 rolls of toilet paper
5th day - 5 rice krispy treats
6th day - 6 cans of Sprite
7th day - 7 Blow Pops
8th day - 8 cookies
9th day - 9 packs of gum
10th day - 10 eggs
11th day - 11 bags of microwave popcorn
12th day - 12 fruits 


And then it was time for Christmas!

1 comments:

Roger said...

That was a really cool 12 days of Christmas. So nice of whoever did it.