Tuesday, October 2, 2018

32

My birthday was on a Monday this year, so we celebrated the whole weekend before. Saturday morning the kids helped Rog make me Puffed French Toast for breakfast.




They also decorated with colorful streamers...


And put up the birthday banner from Peyton's My Little Pony party.


That afternoon we did the 4T Trail (Trail, Tram, Trolley, Train) in Portland.


We started at the zoo and hiked the 4 mile trail to OHSU. Along the way we enjoyed beautiful views of Portland.


Before we started I wasn't really sure exactly how long the trail part was and the kids (and Rog) were troopers. Towards the end we were rushing to make it to the tram before it closed for the day!


Fortunately we made it in time and rode the tram down from OHSU into the heart of Portland.


Next we rode a trolley (street car).


And finally we rode the train back to the zoo.



It was a fun adventure and I'm so glad we did it!


We finished off the day at Red Robin for dinner.


On Sunday we had some friends over. I made Sugar Cookie Bars for my cake. The Yates also brought me a smash cake. πŸ˜‚



On my actual birthday we got the kids on the bus and then I went on a run and had a green smoothie since I figured I'd be having plenty of treats later.


I got ready and hung out with my buddy for a bit.


We picked up Rog and went to Cheesecake Factory for lunch. 


I don't remember much about the rest of the day. I'm sure it was the regular pick up kids from the bus, make dinner, drive Peyton to dance, come home, and have FHE routine. πŸ™ˆ

I normally do the budget on Monday night, but I gave myself the night off and finished up this pillow I made in February.


I actually didn't end up eating a lot of sweets on my birthday, but made sure to grab a couple freebies later in the week. A donut from Krispy Kreme. (You're supposed to get it on your birthday, but they let me get it the day after.)


And a bundtlet from Nothing Bundt Cakes.


I don't remember when I opened my presents, but I got a letter board (want), a magnetic phone car mount (need), a couple Stately Type shirts (wear), and A Wrinkle in Time (read).

I realized that turning 32 means that now I have been driving for as long as I was alive before I could drive. When you put it that way, it's hard not to feel a little old, but it was a great birthday! πŸ˜‚

1 comments:

tracy said...

What a fun Birthday, loved the pictures :) Believe me, 32 is not old...take it from an old person!