Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Logan's Birthday

Like I said, Logan's birthday was on a Sunday. This was back when we had 12:30 church, so we had plenty of time for presents and all the fun birthday morning stuff before church.

He got some fun stuff, but nothing could compete with the big Zurg he got (to go with his big Buzz he got for Christmas). 


Another favorite was the scooter he got from Grandma Dixie and Grandpa Mike.


Back when I was pregnant with Logan I made poufs for Peyton and Corbyn for Christmas. The tutorial I followed back then had a major flaw in the directions and it wasn't long before those poufs got multiple holes in them. I set them aside and planned to make new ones (filled with the beans from the broken poufs), but of course I never got around to it. This year I decided I'd make each of the kids one for their birthdays. The tutorial I followed isn't online anymore, but I found other (less complete) tutorials and was able to piece them all together with the help of my foggy memory from making them over 3 years ago. I remembered the flaw in the original tutorial and was able to make them right this time and now over 6 months later, they're still going strong! 

Of course I didn't start making Logan's pouf until Saturday afternoon and was up until 1:00 or 2:00 in the morning finishing it. He wouldn't have known it was missing, but I knew I had to get it done before his birthday or I never would get around to it! So here is a very flattering picture of a very tired mom.


I took a picture of all his gifts for the very purpose of remembering what he got when I finally got around to blogging about this day. 😂 He got Zurg (want), Toy Story and PJ Masks puzzles (need), a little green man shirt and a Pixar hooded towel (wear), and 3 books - Disney Baby Shapes, A Roaring Adventure, and The Pet Problem (read). From Grandma Lori and Papa George he got Mr. Potato Head, Slinky Dog, and a bucket of soldiers. 


I had planned to make muffins for breakfast, but that didn't happen. Fortunately I had some Costco muffins in the freezer that worked just fine.


That evening we had invited the Martyn family over for cake and ice cream. (They've become like family to us and we wanted them to be able to celebrate his birthday with us.)


I made a 3 cake (using this helpful guide).



Logan couldn't have been any cuter when we sang happy birthday to him and he blew out his candle.


I had left the background up and got out the photo booth stuff for more pictures.



It was a pretty simply day, but it was just right for celebrating our favorite little 3 year old!

1 comments:

Roger said...

He’s so big now. When did that happen?