Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Peyton's Birthday and Party

Peyton's birthday was on a Thursday this year. We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast.


Then she opened presents. She got her pouf as well as roller skates (want), new sheets (need), a swimsuit and flip flops (wear), and Ladybug Girl and Bumblebee Boy (read).


She had to try out her roller skates right away!


Then I did her hair and took her picture with her birthday banner before driving her and Corbyn to school. (The bus came super early last year, so she opted to have me drive her, so she would be able to open presents before school.)


Our school has a "no sugar" policy for birthdays, so she picked these mazes to give out to her classmates. I made a little tag to go on the back that said, "Thanks for making my birthday a"MAZE"ing!"


My memory is we had spaghetti for dinner, but I could totally be wrong. Then we had cake and she opened a few presents from Grandma and Grandpa Ririe. 


I made these Pink Lemonade Cupcakes into a regular cake (using regular lemonade whenever pink lemonade was called for). I bought Wilton Roses to decorate with. (They are pretty, but disgusting!) I did a few layers of the frosting roses and that made it a little too sweet, but oh so pretty!


We had a Beauty and the Beast party the Saturday after her birthday.


I got a lot of the inspiration for the party here. I made a cutlery chandelier for a decoration. (It stayed up until Corbyn's birthday over a month later!)


I got a red plastic tablecloth and made an enchanted rose using this tutorial for the centerpiece.


 For the place settings, I got gold plates and fancy teacups. And fancied up the extra forks and spoons from the chandelier by putting a red diamond and a pearl on them. Finally I figured out how to fold roses out of red napkins watching YouTube videos.


The girls came in their best princess attire. (Starting at the back and moving clockwise around the table - Claire (our neighbor, but I don't know her last name), Abbie Blaser, Delainey Giotta, Summer Tanner, Kinley Martyn, Camille Ogden, Peyton, and Norah Bond.) Abbie was in her class at school and she really wanted her to come to the party, but I told her we couldn't send an invitation to school or we'd have to invite everyone in her class. So all on her own, she asked Abbie to ask her mom for her address. She brought it home on a sticky note and then I couldn't say no to inviting her because I was so impressed she had done all that on her own!


We served sandwiches cut in half. I made a variety of Peyton's favorites - tuna, PB&J, and turkey and cheese.


We also had fruit kabobs and potato chips.


And of course some grey stuff because as Lumiere says,  

"Try the grey stuff, it's delicious
Don't believe me, ask the dishes!"



After lunch we decorated enchanted mirrors. I ordered them from a company in England who promised 5 day shipping. I didn't realize they were in England until after I ordered and then I stressed they wouldn't get here in time, but they got here in 5 days just as promised!


I painted them gold before the party and put their names on the back in vinyl. So all they had to do was put diamonds and pearls on them.


While they were decorating the mirrors, we were also doing a cake walk. I had made lemonade cupcakes (same recipe as the cake above).


And I also made beast cupcakes because we had a few beasts who attended - Logan, Corbyn, Emery Martyn, and Jensen (Claire's brother). I found some mustache sprinkles that were perfect for the beast horns.


Logan is always a big fan of cake walks.


Then we played Bingo. I bought the set on Etsy because I couldn't find a free one and there was no way I was making my own.


Because I am crazy I sorted the M&Ms and the girls got red, yellow, and brown ones while the boys got blue and brown ones.


Then Rog read I am the Beast.


And I read I am Belle.


While we read they colored some bookmarks I printed from here.


 Then it was present time!


For party favors the girls got a Beauty bracelet (ordered from Etsy) and some gold and red chocolates.


I designed these tags on my phone, printed them, and punched them out with a 2 inch circle punch. Easy peasy!


The boys got some yellow play-doh (I added a picture of Cogsworth and Lumiere to the top), mazes that were leftover from the ones Peyton took to her class, and gold and red chocolates.


I also made these tags - same as the girl tags, but with the Beast!


Peyton got a Belle dress from Little Adventures as a present from Grandma and Grandpa Ririe that she wore for the party (and Halloween). At the last minute I also decided to wear my yellow dress for the party.


Belle was my favorite princess growing up, so this party was especially fun for me to plan!

After the party we had the Yates over for leftover cupcakes a few hours later. Then we went to Chick-fil-A for dinner and called Peyton's birthday good and celebrated!

0 comments: