Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Family Photos 2018

I normally have pictures of the kids taken in the spring since they were all born between March and June. I wasn't completely satisfied with the ones we had taken last year at the mall, so I asked our friend Jake to take them. He took our pictures last year for our Christmas card and they turned out great plus his price is right. He charges the same price regardless of how many pictures he takes, so I thought we'd just combine pictures this year and do pictures of the kids for their birthday collages and pictures of our family for our Christmas card all at one time.

He suggested we take them at Lewis and Clarke College in Portland which ended up being a great location. It was a really bright day which made the lighting less than ideal, but he was able to do some great editing to fix that in our favorite pictures.

Logan




Peyton



Love her bouncing curls in these skipping shots.



Corbyn


We took some of Corbyn in regular clothes and then had him change into his suit because I really needed a good picture of him for his baptism invitations. This one was the one! 👌


This one was pretty good too.


We found this really cool reflecting pool that he took a bunch of pictures by. Unfortunately it was really bright there and looking into the sun while making a normal face was torturous! It made for some cool pictures, but none that we really would use for anything.


We got some family shots, but none that we really loved.



I actually really like this one for its real life appeal!


I loved this picture of me and Rog with Mt. Hood in the background.


And then I loved it even more when he edited out that flagpole right between us! 😍


Corbyn changed back into his regular clothes in the car on the way home and somehow managed to put both his shirt and shorts on backwards. 😂


Rog wasn't thrilled with the pictures because we didn't get a perfect shot of our family, but I think trying to do both individuals of the kids and family pictures was just too much to ask for one shot.

I was happy because all my needs were fulfilled...

Individual pictures for the kids' collages.




A baptism picture for Corbyn. 


And pictures for our Christmas card.


I think next year we'll just do individuals of the kids in the spring and family pictures in the fall, but I'm happy with these nonetheless.

0 comments: