Thursday, January 16, 2020

Third and Fourth Quarter Reading

I never got around to posting about my third quarter reading, so I'm combining it with my fourth quarter reading. I read a lot more books than I normally do since I had such abundant reading time while nursing for a few months. Now Easton's so quick I barely have time to check Instagram and he's done!

In the past I have written summaries of each book as well as commentary about why I liked it (or didn't like it), but that would take forever with all of these books, so I'm just posting the titles and authors. I figure it's better to at least have it recorded than never get it done because I don't have time to write about each book!

Books I Read


Books I Listened to


Excellent

1. Accidental Beauty Queen by Teri Wilson.

2. One True Loves by Taylor Jenkins Reid.

3. If I Stay by Gayle Forman. 

4. Where She Went by Gayle Forman. 

5. The Mother-In-Law by Sally Hepworth. 

6. What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty. 

7. The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. 

8. I Owe You One by Sophie Kinsella. 

9. Bread and Wine by Shauna Niequist.

10. Last Christmas in Paris by Hazel Gaynor and Heather Webb. 

Great

11. The Rest of the Story by Sarah Dessen.

12. Dad is Fat by Jim Gaffigan.

13. The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han.

14. It's Not Summer Without You by Jenny Han.

15. Wild by Cheryl Strayed.

16. We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han.

Good

17. The Actor and the Housewife by Shannon Hale.

18. Convenience Store Woman by Sayaka Murata.

19. Boston Jane: An Adventure by Jennifer L. Holm.

20. Ramona the Pest by Beverly Cleary.

Books I Read to Corbyn and Peyton



Princess between Worlds by E.D. Baker.

The Princess and the Pearl by E.D. Baker.

Princess Before Dawn by E.D. Baker.

Beezus and Ramona by Beverly Cleary.

Ramona the Pest by Beverly Cleary.

Ramona the Brave by Beverly Cleary.

Ramona and her Father by Beverly Cleary.

Books I Read to Peyton


A Dandelion Wish by Kiki Thorpe.

From the Mist by Kiki Thorpe.

Books We Listened to in the Car


Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine.

The View from Saturday by E.L. Konigsburg.

The Illuminated Adventures of Flora and Ulysses by Kate DiCamillo.

Wish by Barbara O'Connor.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling.

This year I read (or listened to): 5 books during the first quarter, 5 books during the second quarter, and 20 books during the third and fourth quarter bringing my total to 30 for the year! (My goal was 24, so I'm pretty happy with that number!) I also completed Modern Mrs. Darcy's 2019 Reading Challenge.


A book you've been meaning to read: The Secret Keeper by Kate Morton (First Quarter).

A book about a topic that fascinates you: This is Where You Belong: The Art and Science of Loving the Place You Live by Melody Warnick (Second Quarter).

A book in the backlist of a favorite author: The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton (Second Quarter).

A book recommended by someone with great taste: Becoming by Michelle Obama (Second Quarter).

Three books by the same author: What Happened to Goodbye (First Quarter), Keeping the Moon (First Quarter), and The Rest of the Story by Sarah Dessen.

A book you chose for the cover: Last Christmas in Paris by Hazel Gaynor and Heather Webb.

A book by an author who is new to you: The Mother-In-Law by Sally Hepworth.

A book in translation: Convenience Store Woman by Sayaka Murata.

A book outside your {genre} comfort zone: QB: My Life Behind the Spiral by Steve Young (Second Quarter).

A book published before you were born: Mr. Popper's Penguins by Florence and Richard Atwater (First Quarter).

It was a great year of reading!

0 comments: