Thursday, August 28, 2008

Excited for the Weekend, BABY!

I was going to wait to do another post until after this weekend when I will have something more substantial to post, but I'm pretty positive I'm addicted to this blogging thing (soon I'll have to join bloggers anonymous), so here I am...

Tomorrow just might be the longest day of work EVER! We finally closed July today which is a good thing because we have to get the financials out by the last day of the month, but closing is always bitter sweet because we can't start on the next month until that month is over. So we'll be in limbo... Luckily we have our August Accounting Picnic that Toni (the other staff accountant) and I were more or less assigned to put together. We're having a back to school theme complete with box lunches from Apple Spice Junction, a hula hoop contest, and a jump rope.

We are also interviewing a potential staff accountant to help out. Toni and I have mixed feelings about this because it will lighten our load which will mean we should close earlier which also means we will be in limbo longer. Ugh! And I probably won't even be able to get rid of my least favorite account because it is a payroll account and due to my internship in payroll last summer, I am considered the payroll expert. We saw his resume and from the dates of his mission, we figured out that he has to be 28 or 29... Toni is 23 and I am 22, so we don't know how we feel about that.

Tomorrow will also be a long day because I am super excited for this weekend! Friday night we have our ward campout, Saturday is the first BYU football game of the year, and Monday is Labor Day which means no work! My friend Krista at work told me about how this summer she did "All things Utah" with her husband. Meaning that they visited all the sights in Utah before they had to leave for Law School. I thought that was such a cool idea because I have lived in Utah my whole life, but I haven't seen so many of the things Utah has to offer. We still have at least 2 years left in Utah, but we decided to start our "All things Utah" tour on Monday by going to the Hogle Zoo and playing in the fountains at Gateway. I have been to the Hogle Zoo before (lots of times as a kid), but Roger hasn't and it has been far too long for me. And neither of us has played in the fountains at Gateway.

So horray for the weekend! I just have to make it through one very LONG day! Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading your blog, I have decided that you are a nerd. You should translate the accounting language into english.