Wednesday, May 27, 2009

And we will call her...

MEG


As in... "Megara. My friends call me Meg. At least they would if I had any friends."

Hercules has been my favorite Disney movie ever since I first saw it in 1998. It came out in 1997, but Riries don't pay more than $1 to see a movie (other than in extreme cases), so I didn't see it until we rented it. I remember watching it on my 12th birthday and loving it because we had just finished the unit on Greek Mythology in 6th grade.

We decided that our CRV has a little spunk to her. I can just picture her saying any of these Meg quotes from the movie:

I'm a damsel, I'm in distress, I can handle this. Have a nice day.
I'm a big tough girl. I tie my own sandals and everything.
Well, you know how men are. They think "No" means "Yes" and "Get lost" means, "Take me. I'm yours."

Ok and while I'm at it, I have to include my favorite quote from Hercules.

Panic: "Hercules." Why does that name ring a bell?
Pain: I don't know. Um, maybe we owe him money?
Hades: So you took care of him, huh? "Dead as a doornail." Weren't those your exact words?
Pain: This might be a different Hercules.
Panic: Yeah. I mean, Hercules is a very popular name nowadays.
Pain: Remember, like, a few years ago, every other boy was named Jason, and the girls were all named Brittany?

Gotta love Pain and Panic! And that quote is even more wonderful now that my BIL is Jason and his little sister is Brittany.

Well, there you have it. Kind of a long post just to say we named our car Meg...

1 comments:

Mom Lori said...

I thought that name was cute and now I like it even more.
That is funny about "Jason" and "Brittany"
I need to see this movie!