Sunday, May 10, 2009

Best Day EVER

Saturday was a busy, crazy, wonderful day. It started bright and early when I got up to make the drive to SLC for the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure 5K. It was an incredible experience to see everyone there supporting the fight to find a cure for breast cancer. I ran with 18,000 of my closest friends! Here is a picture from the Deseret News. The only word to describe this is WOW!

Roger is taking a GMAT Prep class that meets every Thursday night and Saturday morning, so he couldn't run with me and although I asked practically everyone I know, I was unable to recruit anyone to run it with me. So I just drove up, ran, and drove back. I spent a solid 10 minutes trying to take a picture of myself with the timer on my camera, but I had no luck. So Rog took a picture of me in my race shirt when he got home from his class.


As soon as Rog got home from his class, we headed over to the APX summer kick-off party. In true APX style, they had helicopter rides, a cash cage, free shirts, food, snow cones, bounce toys for kids, and lots of prizes to give out. The helicopter rides, cash cage, and prizes were given out by raffle tickets. We waited and waited and waited for our names to be called, but it wasn't until we decided to leave that Rog's name was called for an APX backpack. He already had one from the last APX party, so he traded it for a hat. Then after we left they called my name for an APX water bottle. Luckily they let one of my coworkers get it for me! It was a fun party!

Unfortunately we both forgot sunblock in very important places. I forgot my cheeks and Rog forgot his head. Yes his head... my cute redhead forgets that he doesn't have as much hair there anymore to protect his scalp. So we ended up a little red. Thanks to my secret weapon against sunburns (Proactiv - or any face wash containing benzoyl peroxide) mine was practically gone by the next morning.

After the party I made a frame for the Top of Utah Marathon/5K we did last September while Rog studied for the GMAT. I had made a similar one for our Deseret News Marathon we did July 2007, so this one is part of the set.

Then we went on a nice 12 mile bike ride for our daily tri training. While on the bike ride, I decided that I deserved a dinner out, so we went to Chili's because we had $100 in gift cards there (now $75). We came home and watched an episode of NCIS (our current favorite show) before going to bed exhausted, but feeling very fulfilled. I just loved this day. Beautiful weather, lots accomplished, endorphins from working out... your guess is as good as mine, but whatever the reason, it was the best day EVER!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Jensen and I LOVE NCIS. We watch it every night hahaha.

Emily said...

Lame!! I totally would have run it with you. And by with you I mean a mile behind probably, but that is what you get. Looks like a super fun day!

roger said...

Just reading about that day has made me tired all over again.

Mom Lori said...

You never cease to amaze me!

Nice job on the picture - Love it!

tracy said...

NCIS "Abby" rocks!!!