Thursday, April 15, 2010

Lately

On Friday night we went to the Senior Celebration they have for graduates and their spouses. That's one major bonus to graduating in different years! We got lots of free food, a free book, and a free BYU bag that Rog won playing Plinko.
On Saturday I got very acquainted with my laundry room. We had a lot of random stuff to wash from the move. I think I did like 5 loads. I LOVE having my own laundry room so much and I'm sure I'll appreciate it even more when Corby comes! Then I got a haircut. I cut off more than I normally would because it grows like a weed these days, but still only one person has noticed. I'll miss working with Toni - she is so observant! We finished off the day by going to the Best of Divine Comedy complements of Rex.
On Sunday we went to our new ward for the first time. We were dreading it, but it actually wasn't so bad. It'll just take some getting used to. We had dinner with the Partridges and the Martinez - LOVE them!
I finally broke down and bought some maternity clothes. I found a deal where if you spent $100 on maternity clothes between gap.com and oldnavy.com, you got $20 off. I actually got some cute stuff. (As cute as you can get with maternity clothes anyway.)
I also finally finished our taxes! We were very pleasantly surprised when we learned we could get the $8,000 first-time homebuyer credit on our 2009 return. We thought we would have to wait until our 2010 return, so it felt like we hit the jackpot!
Tuesday was Rog's last class. This semester has been ridiculously easy for him. Finals start tomorrow and he only has one final left to take. It's a take-home final, so he might even be able to finish it tonight - before finals even officially start.
We've been trying to ride up to Provo/Orem together for work/school and to not make more than one trip a day if at all possible (to save on gas). Yesterday we had our prenatal class at 7:00, so instead of going home for dinner and then coming back, we ate at J Dawgs (a hot dog place right by BYU that everyone raves about). We'd never been before, so we decided we should go before Rog graduates. I have one word to describe it - AMAZING! When people would talk about it, I would always wonder how a hot dog could be so good. It was all about the special sauce. Now that we've tried it, I realize it's probably a good thing we didn't try it sooner. We will be back! Here we are taking our first bites.
It looks like spring is finally here, graduation is only a week away, Corby's kicking away and growing bigger every day, and I'm almost in the single digits for days left of work. Yes, life is good right now.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Roger said...

I noticed that hair cut too. Live is good, we are very blessed people and we are grateful for those blessings.

Mom Lori said...

That Senior Celebration must be a new thing they started since I graduated. Okay, that has been a few years.

I'm excited to see your new clothes.

Yea Shauna, we survived taxes.

I can't believe Rog is almost done with finals :)

Kick Corby kick :)

B said...

Mmmm, J Dawgs! I made Kyle try it for the first time last summer... I lived right next to it my freshman year and ate probably way too many, haha.
Also, have you read any books by Ayn Rand?? I highly recommend any and all of them! Most of them are pretty long, and way thought provoking, but they are so good!