Friday, May 23, 2014

Disneyland - Day 5

Friday was our last day. It was a lot busier than our other days and a little hotter too. Corbyn hadn't thrown up again since the night before and was acting pretty normal. Unfortunately Grandma wasn't feeling very well. 

We had to check out that morning, so it took us a little longer to get to the park. The first thing we did was take a picture with the castle because we hadn't done that yet.

Then we waited in the long line for Peter Pan's Flight. We never were able to find a time when it didn't have at least a 40 minute wait! It was a must do, so we just waited it out! Poor Grandma had to get out of line to throw up in the bushes, but felt much better after that. 

Rog took the kids on the Buzz ride a few times while I went to Downtown Disney to get beignets from the Jazz Kitchen for lunch. The kids thought they had died and gone to heaven - beignets for lunch! 

We took some time to shop for souvenirs. Rog and I both got hats and both kids got to pick out a shirt from Grandma and Grandpa - Corbyn chose a Toy Story shirt and Peyton chose a Minnie shirt that came with a matching shirt for her dolly. Peyton got to pick out her toy - she ended up with a cute Minnie stuffed animal dressed as a princess. We also got a Christmas ornament and picked up some Vinylmations for friends.

While I was shopping with the kids, Rog went on Space Mountain. We didn't think we should try Corbyn on it just yet and I haven't gone on it our past few trips, so I've kind of gotten chicken about it.

 We had a few minutes before our FastPasses were good for Indiana Jones. We considered going on Haunted Mansion, but the wait was 30 minutes and we couldn't do that wait knowing it had been a 5 minute wait earlier in the week.

Indiana Jones had been closed all week, but opened just in time for our last day! It's one of Grandma's favorites, so she went on it even not feeling 100%. Corbyn wasn't tall enough, so he had to sit that one out.

Ariel's Undersea Adventure opened the day after we left, so we were super bummed about missing that one - especially since Peyton would have loved it! Pirates, It's a Small World, Grizzly River Run, Alice in Wonderland, Gadgets Go Coaster, and Finding Nemo's Submarine Voyage were also closed. A few of those we didn't care about, but we really missed Pirates, It's a Small World, and Grizzly River Run. We were also disappointed that they only do fireworks Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights this time of year. Our hotel advertised having great views of the fireworks, so it was too bad we didn't get to see them even once!

After Indiana Jones we were going to go on Buzz one last time, but the parade was going and we couldn't really get over there, so we watched part of the parade and then had to get going.

We had an early dinner at the pizza place that was close to our hotel and then walking back to the hotel to collect our luggage and meet our shuttle to the airport, we lost Corbyn for a few scary minutes. He was walking ahead of us and must have thought we were going up to the room because when we found him he was over by the elevators that went up there. So glad that story has a happy ending! 

We rode the shuttle to the airport only to find out that our flight was delayed a few hours. The kids watched Toy Story and Toy Story 2 on my laptop - hooray for digital copies!  

We got Peyton to sleep before going on the flight. I just held her the whole flight and was able to get some sleep myself. Corbyn fell asleep on the flight on Rog's lap. As Rog was carrying him off, he threw up. (At least it wasn't during the flight!) We got our luggage and then had to take a shuttle to where our car was parked. Corbyn threw up again after getting off that in the parking lot. We were grateful we had planned on sleeping at my Grandpa and Grandma Ririe's house in Salt Lake that night. We pulled into their house around 2 am! 

Even with a dumb stomach bug going around, it was a great trip! All the throwing up happened at relatively good times (If there's ever a good time to throw up!) and for the most part, the kids were feeling well enough during the day to enjoy Disneyland. We didn't get to do absolutely everything we wanted, but we got in all the most important things! We should have counted, but Corbyn got to do the Buzz ride at least 15 times and he would have been a happy boy if that was the only thing we did the whole trip!