Wednesday, March 11, 2015

29

My birthday was on Thursday, so we celebrated the whole weekend (which is how all birthdays should be).

Rog only had one class on Thursday, so he decided to skip it and spend the whole day with us! I slept in a bit and then opened my presents from Rog and the kids. I got Wackee Six Card Game (want), a big soup pot (need), a mother's necklace (wear), and 400 Calories or Less with Our Best Bites (read - it's not out yet, so we pre-ordered it). 

The mother's necklace is quite possibly my favorite present ever. 


We had lunch at Kneaders with my mom.


I spent most of the afternoon working on Logan's quilt. I finally finished cutting out all the pieces which was quite a job on this quilt. I've been making much faster progress since then!


It happened to be my turn to host dinner group that night, so we had a favorites night. I made Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas and everyone else brought their favorite sides to go along with it. After dinner we exchanged our favorite things. Mine was a $5 gift card to Culver's because their concrete mixers have quickly become a favorite of mine since they opened in Spanish Fork a couple months ago. I haven't got too many, but I have a habit of looking to see what the flavor of the day is when I pass by (which is pretty much every day). 

On Friday we watched Mockingjay - Part 1 for our date night. We had planned on watching it in the Spanish Fork theatre, but when we realized it was at Redbox, we couldn't justify paying the theatre price, so we just rented it and watched it at home.

On Saturday we went out to dinner at Cheesecake Factory with my family. We had planned to get there at 4:30, but didn't get there until closer to 5:00. So we had to wait for an hour and a half! Good thing the food is absolutely worth the wait! And luckily the Lego Americana Roadshow was at Fashion Place, so that helped pass the time.


Peyton fell asleep on the way home and then again under her towel after her bath. She was one very tired girl!


On Sunday we had Sunday dinner with my family. I made my favorite Sweet and Sour Meatballs and this delicious Funfetti Sugar Cookie Cake. I might try it with a different frosting next time, but the cake was perfection.


It was a great birthday weekend! Here's to one more year in my 20's - I better make it count!

2 comments:

Mom Lori said...

Happy Birthday month to my dear, sweet daughter with lots of love <3

Enjoyed celebrating with you!

The Goodrich's said...

Yay! Happy Birthday to you! You deserve the very, very best!