Sunday, August 28, 2016


The night we got home from Disneyland after we got the kids to bed, I saw Logan's Critter Blanket (that I was going to make him for Christmas, then his birthday, and then Easter) half finished and decided to just finish it (instead of being a responsible adult and unpacking). It felt so good to finally finish it!

The last day the kids were on Spring Break, we took a quick day trip to Goblin Valley State Park. We went way back in 2009 and wanted to take the kids there before we moved.

They loved climbing and exploring the goblins.

After Ragnar I decided to keep training and run the Provo City Half Marathon in May. I did most of my long runs on the Spanish Fork River Trail and this day I decided to pick up some donuts at Macey's after my run (because I had donuts on the brain from Ragnar and hadn't gotten my fill).

Jared worked all semester on building and programming a robot to play soccer, so one afternoon I took Peyton and Logan to see the final tournament at BYU. (Corbyn was at school which was too bad because he's the one that really would have loved it.)

His team's robot broke down right at the end and they had to quickly fix it to finish the tournament. They ended up getting 2nd place (losing to a team they had beat many times throughout the semester.) 

Peyton tried on my wedding dress one day when I came across it while packing.

When my parents lived by us they would buy us cereal when they found a good deal. When they moved I had to start finding good deals/coupons for myself again.

Rog helped my dad drive the last load of their stuff to Colorado. They ended up unloading in the middle of a blizzard!

While he was gone I worked on cleaning the kitchen since we were going to be listing our townhouse soon.

Peyton had a classroom demonstration for her dance class. The studio has windows, so I was able to watch most of her classes, but it was fun to watch from the front and hear a description of what they were doing.

Rog flew home Saturday afternoon and took TRAX/Frontrunner home since we were taking our turn watching kids for our date night exchange that night. He had a few minutes to kill, so he walked around temple square. He took this picture to show the contrast between the blizzard in Colorado and a beautiful spring day in Utah.

Rog played softball on our ward team. We moved before the end of the season, but we had fun going to watch him play a few games.

We spent a couple good solid weeks cleaning our house and getting it all ready to put up for sale. I couldn't believe how dirty our walls were! Magic Erasers were seriously my best friend!

And then the month got really busy with major events...

Jared graduated from BYU. We went to Commencement Thursday night since we couldn't go to his Convocation on Friday.

That night while Grandma Lori and Papa George were there we had a family party for Peyton (that I will blog about in more detail soon).

Friday the 22nd we flew to Oregon to buy a house! Tay and Martha watched Corbyn and Peyton for us and we took Logan with us.

We wore him out looking at houses all day.

One of the last houses we looked at that night was this one.

The next morning we looked at one more house and then looked at that one again. We felt good about it, so we put an offer on it (and the rest is history). That taken care of, we had the rest of the day to just hang out at Rog's Uncle Ron's house. I had a terrible cough and a sinus infection (that I had to wait until Monday to have officially diagnosed), so I actually took a nap with Logan!

Sunday morning we went to our new ward for Sacrament Meeting and then flew home. We were so blessed that everything went so smoothly and that we were able to find the perfect house in such a short time!

I had done basically nothing to get ready for Peyton's birthday (other than the family party we had), so I spent Monday doing that. Tuesday was her birthday (blog coming soon).

Wednesday was our 9 year anniversary. The Howards watched our kids for a couple hours during the day, so we could go to the Provo City Center Temple to do sealings.

And then we went to Waffle Love for a quick waffle after.

Thursday Rog had his last class!

And Corbyn had his last soccer game of the season. It was pouring rain, but they had already rained out too many games, so they played anyway. Peyton, Logan, and I watched from the car!

Friday we had Peyton's friend birthday party (yep you guessed it, blog coming soon). And that was the month!

With Ragnar, Disneyland, getting our townhouse ready to sell, our trip to Oregon to buy a house, Peyton's birthday, and our anniversary, I'd say April was just a little busy.


Lori Ririe said...

WOW - That was quite the month!

Roger Phillips said...

I don't miss April. I'm glad that month is over.