Friday, March 2, 2018

Five on Friday

1. My mom gave me and Rog each a slice of cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory in our stockings for Christmas. Last Friday we went on a date to the temple to do initiatories and then picked up our cheesecake slices on the way home. Other than the Peppermint Bark Cheesecake only available in December, I've never been able to find a piece I actually really like. All the ones with nuts are out because I very rarely like nuts and all the chocolate ones are too chocolatey for me which doesn't leave too many choices. Well, you've probably guessed where I am going with this... I finally found one I like! The Key Lime Cheesecake was just perfect 👌 and now that we have a Cheesecake Factory so close, this could be very dangerous knowledge.


2. Sunday didn't start out well and the day hit rockbottom during sacrament meeting when my activities committee leader was unexpectedly released to fill a vacancy in the primary presidency. The one bright spot in the day was Corbyn's Great to be 8 that night. I can't believe in just a few months my baby is going to be getting baptized! The primary president had made a special treat for the kids getting baptized which was cookies with pecans in them. She realized too late that Corbyn wouldn't be able to eat them (He probably technically could have, but we usually stay away from all nuts other than peanuts just to be safe.) and she felt so bad. The next day she brought us the most amazing snickerdoodles to make it up to him. 


3. Corbyn had his 100th day of school on Thursday and got to dress up like a 100 year old man to celebrate. His teacher didn't give us much notice, so we couldn't do much, but we did our best. I was mad we got rid of all our glasses after Rog and I both had LASIK, so we couldn't even do that. We did put baby powder in his hair which was fun although with the Phillips' history, he'll most certainly have much less hair at 100! And of course Logan wouldn't get out of the picture, but would also not look up for the picture. 😩


4. Today was Dr. Seuss' birthday, so Peyton's class had a crazy sock day. I remembered Corbyn having a crazy sock day last year, so I just figured the whole school was doing it again. Turns out I was wrong and Corbyn was the only kid in his class wearing crazy socks, but he didn't seem to mind. Rog even joined in and wore crazy socks to work! I was proud of Corbyn for dressing up 2 days in a row since in the past he has usually been reluctant to do so.



5. Our Relief Society birthday celebration this year is March 13th, so I realized I better get a jump on planning Logan's birthday (March 18th) or I'll be hating life come March 14th. It's been so fun looking back at my Pinterest board from when I threw Corbyn a Toy Story party for his 2nd birthday and adding to it for Logan's 3rd birthday. My project for today was making an Etch A Sketch frame to be part of a photo booth. My friend, Tracy, came through with the perfect scrap of gold vinyl, so I wouldn't have to buy a whole sheet for the tiny bit I needed. I'm so happy with how it turned out! 😍

2 comments:

Grandma Lori said...

Love this post ❤️❤️❤️

Roger said...

Old man Corbyn looks funny. He'll look better when he loses his hair too.