Friday, March 9, 2018

Flashback Friday - Halloween 2016

July 2016 through February 2017 are lost months here on my blog. I can't have them be lost forever, so Flashback Fridays are going to be my way of going back and recording those memories. Since I did Halloween 2017 last night, I figured I'd stick with the Halloween theme and do Halloween 2016 tonight! 

Early in the month, Peyton and I made a haunted house and trick-or-treating kids (both from The Wood Connection) together.


I made some fun Halloween lunches throughout the month. Yay for cookie cutters that easily transform a regular lunch into a fun lunch!


This was a make-your-own Halloween wrap for Corbyn.


I made a bunch of easy Halloween cookies to give out. Ghosts, witch hats, Nutter Butter Bats...


Dipped wafers, aliens, mummies, and monsters.


We went to the Liepold Farms Pumpkin Patch with the Yates. It was a perfect day to visit a pumpkin patch and it was so incredibly crowded! We had fun, but didn't feel like we had found our new pumpkin patch after our visit.


They did have a lot of fun places to take pictures.



It had rained all week, so the corn maze was all mud. The Yates were prepared, but we were not. (We hadn't invested in rain boots yet!) So we took a picture in front of the corn maze and called it good.


We paid a lot for the pumpkins...


And then before we got them carved, they were stolen off our porch! Of course they left the cheap ones I bought at Winco.


I let Melissa borrow my pregnant skeleton shirt. 


Corbyn really wanted to be Iron Man and I could not persuade him to join us for our Toy Story theme no matter how many different options I gave him.


Logan was the most adorable little Buzz and Peyton was a cute Jessie. She wore the hat she got for free when she was Sheriff of the Day this Disneyland trip and I made the rest of her costume.


I also made me and Rog Little Green Men shirts to complete our Toy Story family. Corbyn as Iron Man even kind of fit the theme as a toy.


I pulled off a fun Andy's room trunk for our ward trunk-or-treat.


Sunnyside ward did their carnival outside in between cars which got a little tricky as it became darker and darker.



We replaced our stolen pumpkins with equally expensive pumpkins from Safeway and carved them -  a My Little Pony pony for Peyton, a Little Green Man for Logan, and Iron Man for Corbyn.


It's not Halloween until we watch Garfield's Halloween!


The Yates joined us for our ghoulish feast. They brought mummy dogs, beans and blood (baked beans), and eyeball pie (pumpkin pie with eyeballs).



I didn't get a good picture, but you can see the slime punch in the top, right corner.


My ghostly pizza looked better before it was cooked.


Some pieces turned out better than others. This was obviously one of the good ones.


I saw these Frankensquares on Bakerella and had to make them!


My green wasn't quite the right color and her big eyes look better, but I think mine were a success nonetheless.


We had heard nightmare stories about trick-or-treating in the rain, but we lucked out with near-perfect weather on Halloween.


We elected to leave our candy bucket out, so we could all go out together. There was still candy left when we got home, so our sign worked!


😍😍😍


Corbyn and Emery ended up as twin Iron Mans. I don't think they planned this, but they probably influenced each other.


And just like that another Halloween had come and gone!


1 comments:

Roger said...

that was a really fun Halloween. Our first on in Oregon.