Friday, March 23, 2018

Rest of October

October started with Conference Weekend. Then we went to Utah for a weekend. After that I was in charge of Super Saturday. And of course there was Halloween. That was basically the whole month, but there are a few other random things I want to mention before moving on to November.

One day Logan and I walked down to Pfeifer Park and while we were there he got stung by a bee! Rog was working from home, so he came and picked us up because Logan was totally hysterical and I could not get him to calm down. When we got home I put some frozen peas on the spot he got stung. He finally calmed down and fell asleep within minutes.


Poor baby!


The last week of September Rog got a really bad cough with aches and a fever. He was sure he had a bad case of the flu and suffered with it for about two weeks before going in to be seen. While we were in Utah he went to the BYU football game with me, but missed out on the rest of the trip. At one point I looked at him and told him he literally looked like death. When we got home from Utah he went to the doctor and learned he had full-blown pneumonia. He had already been working from home for 2 weeks and he ended up working from home for another 2 weeks while he recovered. 


It was BAD, but it didn't stop him from going out and mowing the lawn one day. I told him I would do it, but he insisted.


One night Rog went in to check on Peyton before going to bed. She wasn't in her bed and she wasn't in our bed... Turns out she was under her bed. 😂


While I was at Super Saturday, Logan hurt his foot jumping off our slide. He limped around for a few days, so we finally took him to the doctor which ended up being a waste because they didn't really do anything and he ended up being fine a few days later. Video here.

Our library had a Harry Potter night. I had a Relief Society presidency meeting, but Rog took the kids. They made wands and did some other fun activities. (This is Peyton painting her wand.)


I finally finished my flag quilt!


As always, the quilting done by Just in Time Quilts was perfect.



Peyton and Corbyn ran in the annual jog-a-thon at their elementary school. They decided to move it inside because of rain and both kids ran way more laps than we expected. We had pledged per lap and ended up paying way more than we wanted to pay, but the kids had fun.



It was a long morning for Logan.


Corbyn brought home a cute school picture (much better than last year's picture!).


And Peyton brought home a cute picture of a boy in her class. 😂😂 It ended up being a huge fiasco and I finally got a real school picture of her in January.


Peyton was selected as the student of the month from her class for October. Each month they focus on a character trait and for October it was Tolerance and Acceptance. This fits Peyton perfectly as she is so kind and accepting of everyone.


Rog asked me to get the tires rotated on our van at Costco before I left for my big cruise. I was a little stressed out with Halloween and trying to pack/get everything ready for me to be gone for 2 weeks, but Logan and I had a fun little pizza date while we waited for them to be rotated and everything got done, so it was all good.   


And that was our October.

1 comments:

Roger said...

That really wasn't a very fun month. Being healthy is so much better than being sick.