Friday, September 7, 2018

Flashback Friday - December 2016 (Before Colorado)

Early in the month, the fire department does an Operation Santa parade where they drive around with Santa on the top of the fire engine and collect food along the way. It was a rainy night and Rog was gone at a campout with the scouts, but we stood out there with the Locker family and donated some food when Santa came by.  


A wonderful lady in the ward, Darla Hutchinson, lost her husband rather unexpectedly (found out he had a brain tumor and he was gone within months), so we made her a quilt. Anyone could donate a block and then they sewed them all together and gave it to her. I was happy with my heart, but tried out the embroidery function on my machine and wasn't totally happy with that part. 


For years Rog had been having trouble getting food caught in his esophagus. We hadn't done anything about it because of our high-deductible insurance while he was in graduate school, but figured we should finally get it checked out since we now have big-kid insurance again. He had a scope done and we found out he has eosinophilic esophagitis which is basically asthma of the esophagus. For him it was a quick fix of taking Omeprazole. He looks pretty bad in this picture, but after a little nap when we got home, he was back to normal.


Just a cutie playing in the dryer!


This was our first (of 8) snow days this school year. There are many many things I love about Oregon, but this is one thing that has been really hard for me. Growing up in Utah, I think I had one snow day my entire education, so for me life does not stop when it snows.


Tried to go to the library. 😂


Our elementary school started recognizing students of the month at the monthly assembly. Corbyn was picked the first month when they were still figuring out how they would do it, so they didn't tell me about it. My friend, Erin, happened to be there and sent me this picture. 



My little brother became a father.


Not sure what happened here, but look at these two sleepy heads!


Peyton had her Christmas dance class open house. We got to watch her do her normal class and then they performed a Christmas dance they had been learning.



On the day our flight was cancelled, church was also cancelled, so Rog and the kids went out and did some service breaking up ice in our neighbors' driveways.



Mailing Christmas gifts to Utah.


1 comments:

Roger said...

Those kids all seem so small