Saturday, September 1, 2018

January 2018

The first Saturday of the new year the Happy Valley ward does a deep clean of the building.


After that we went to Costco to get Peyton's new mattress.




We took down the crib and moved Peyton's old mattress into the boy's room under the loft bed. Logan was so excited to sleep in his new bed, he took his nap there before I'd washed his sheets and made his bed!


No more crib! 😭


I did the inverse of Corbyn's bed for Logan. Blue sheets with a gray comforter.


Looks pretty good with his football quilt on top.


We played an impromptu game of baseball in our front yard before dinner.


And the kids rode the crib mattress down the stairs all night long. We kept the crib disassembled under the guest bed, but the crib mattress was so old, we decided we'd better get a new one if we are able to have another baby.


We enjoyed lots of free Frostys with our Frosty tags from Santa in January. Of course we've used them since then too, but they were new and exciting in January, so we used them every chance we got!


Logan went through a phase where his favorite thing to do was scoop flour out of the flour container and dump it into a bowl. It kept him occupied while I was cooking in the kitchen, but often made a very big mess!


Just a cute boy "reading" a book. I don't know how I missed this one when I was putting together his 3 year blog, so I'm including it here.


Pizza at Costco on Martin Luther King Jr. Day.


Playgroup was at our house and for awhile it looked like no one was coming (my friend Tracy and Logan's friend Riley came at the end). Since I had the time blocked off, I took the time to really play with him. We built block towers and had all sorts of fun.


I finally finished my Nativity Puzzle! After Christmas I decided to just leave it out on my craft room table. I figured out a system for the black pieces and I’d put in a few pieces anytime I had a minute. I glued it together with puzzle glue and framed it and I can't wait to display it when December rolls around.


The kids had fancy day at school. Peyton loved it, but Corbyn wouldn't participate.


Corbyn started basketball. He's not very good, but had fun and it gave us something to do during the dreary months of January and February when nothing much is going on.


The kids helped Dad work on the van.


I ordered new running shoes from Amazon. I get the same kind and size every time, but the colors change. 


Logan was slowly giving up naps, so whenever he took one, I savored it!


I hosted a craft group to decorate Mason jars for Valentine's day.


I took an afternoon and made 4 loaves of French bread to freeze.


I had fun playing with scraps and made a couple Valentine's Day pillows. This one got finished in March, the other one is still in process! 


I took the kids to see Wonder when Rog was away camping with the scouts for a night. They were dying to see it, but Rog didn't want to, so it worked out perfectly.


I beat Rog playing Mario Kart on the Switch and it had to be documented.


As often happens, we went to Salt and Straw for a treat right before they changed out the flavors for the new month.



And that was our January!

1 comments:

tracy said...

Keep hoping for a happy announcement from you!