Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Rest of February 2018

This should be pretty quick because I actually posted a few times back in February about things that were from that month. Say what?!

Five on Friday (1 and 2 are from February, 3-5 are from March)

The kids didn't have school on February 2nd, so we went to Wippersnappers in the morning.


For lunch we went across the street to Subway and the kids ate lunches I packed for them while I ate a Subway sandwich I bought with a coupon. 



Then we had to go to Safeway to get a few things that were on sale that day only.


That night we kicked off our Disney Movie Nights.

On Sunday we hosted the Super Bowl at our house. I had a lot of brown balloons from Corbyn's Mario birthday party, so I cut out some vinyl laces to turn the brown balloons into footballs.


We had a lot of good food, but these Fresh Fruit Bruschetta kind of stole the show! 


Football cake pops are always fun, but of course a lot of work. I tried using homemade frosting instead of a store-bought container this time and I put a little too much in. Meaning the insides were a little too soft, but still good.


The week before we left for Disneyland was pretty busy. 

On Wednesday I hosted a playgroup Valentine's Day party at the church (a week early since we were going to be at Disneyland for Valentine's Day). We decorated cupcakes...



Decorated bags, passed out Valentines...


And played a few games.


On Friday I hosted a Craft Group Finish Friday activity for people to come decorate a Valentine's Day Mason jar if they couldn't make it to the activity I hosted in January. I didn't have a huge turnout either time, but I did make a good collection for myself.


Rog was gone that night for something (scouts I think), so I took the kids to Menchie's Frozen Yogurt to use some coupons I had for free frozen yogurts. Peyton got her own and accidentally got a coffee flavor. 😝


On Saturday Rog took Peyton to a daddy-daughter dance at the high school. I got her a new dress for the occasion (it was also her Easter dress) and Rog even got her some flowers.


I wanted to do something fun with the boys while Peyton and Rog were gone, so I picked up some bundtlets from Nothing Bundt Cakes with a coupon. We had pizza for dinner that night (our Toy Story night from our Disney Movie Nights) and they hardly ate any of the cake because they were full from their pizza. I enjoyed one and we shared the other two the next day.


On Sunday we were debating if we should take Logan to Urgent Care because he'd had a slight fever for a few days and we were worried he might have an ear infection. Rog ended up taking him and it was a good thing he did because he did have an ear infection. We were leaving the next day for Disneyland, so it was good we got him some antibiotics before we left.

We enjoyed a beautiful week at Disneyland and then the day after we got home we had snow in Oregon! We had a little in the morning and they sent us home (unnecessarily) at the beginning of the the 3rd hour of church, but then we did get a good amount that evening. We had a few snow days that week, but didn't have to make them up because they didn't exceed the number of snow days that were built into our school calendar.


We don't get a lot of use out of our winter coats here, but they do get worn a few times during the winter.


Rocking our USA socks while watching the Olympics.


After all the snow days that week, Logan and I were excited to send the big kids off to school and have a normal day with just the two of us.


We had playgroup at Barnes and Noble story time. We listened to stories about bats and made a bat craft.


Just a cute moment I captured. My two big kids reading a book together.


I read a post about making a Valentine's Day Banner out of leftover Christmas cards and thought it was such a good idea! I want to find a better spot to display it next year - I wasn't in love with this spot - but I plan to do this every year. 



And that was our February!

0 comments: