Thursday, January 17, 2019

2018 Goals

Mine:

*Finish 18 projects in 2018. I finished 16/18. (2 I technically finished this January, but I'm still counting them.) I did not finish the craft room or my Halloween quilt.


1 - Wills

These have been finalized and signed by all parties. I even bought a waterproof, fireproof safe to keep them in. There is the pesky final detail of making copies and distributing them to the people who could potentially be affected by them. I'm still counting it as done though!

2 - Logan Bean Bag


3 - Bee Shelf


4 - April Door Hanging


5 - Morning Glory Quilt (and Pillow)


6 - Peyton Bean Bag


7 - Corbyn Bean Bag


8 - Yard

We planted flowers and bushes in the side planter area next to the driveway. We put down weed barrier everywhere and covered it with bark dust. And we put down stone paths. 


We also leveled and prepped the front strip for hydro-seeding. We finished it off by putting large rocks on the ends where the sprinklers don't reach. (Somehow I don't have a picture of the finished product of this one, but we were really impressed with how well the hydro-seeding turned out.)



(I said we, but really most of this was Rog. I helped some, but all of the credit goes to him!)

9 - June Door Hanging


10 - Craft Room

I didn't completely finish the craft room. I still have a few projects in there I'd like to do and one final pesky box that I need to go through before I can say it's done. But I did finish a few projects in there. I updated my Disney Pins wall. 


And got these little shelves for my Tsum Tsum collection.


11 - August Door Hanging


12 - Camping Shelf


13 - Halloween Skipping Squares Quilt

I didn't even touch this project in 2018. I cut it out a couple years ago and about 25% of the blocks are sewn together. It is at the top of my list of projects to finish in 2019.

14 - November Door Hanging


15 - Holiday Patchwork Forest Quilt


16 - December Door Hanging

(Technically finished this one last week.)


17 - Nativity Puzzle


18 - Christmas Wood Craft

(I just finished this one a few minutes ago. I've been putting off doing this post because I wanted to finish this one before posting. 😂 I never have time to do any of the Christmas wood crafts I've purchased in December, so January is a good time for that!)


*Read 24 books including 12 from Modern Mrs. Darcy's 2018 Reading Challenge. I read 24 books including 11 of the 12 books from the challenge. See here.

*Read 21 Days Closer to Christ. I started reading this and got about halfway through before I got derailed by President Nelson's Book of Mormon Reading Challenge. (I did finish the Book of Mormon before the end of the year and that was more important because it was what President Nelson asked us to do!)

*Have a baby. This was a little overly ambitious of me. I was thinking/hoping I would get pregnant early in the year and have the baby by the end of the year and that obviously didn't happen. I am just feeling really grateful to have gotten pregnant by the end of the year and that everything is going well so far this time around.

Rog's:

*Get promoted to Lead Project Manager. Done.

*Run Hood to Coast. Done.


(I need to be more like Rog. Simple, attainable goals. 😉)

Corbyn's:

*Run a 5K. Done. I had him do a Disney Virtual Running 5K and I ran with him to pace him. He finished in 31:03 (a 10:01 pace).


*Be baptized. Done.


*Learn to play catch. Not exactly. His throwing improved, but he just didn't enjoy baseball enough to practice.

Peyton's:

*Run a 5K. We were training for this over the summer, but every single time she would cry and whine and say her ankle hurt (where she frequently gets growing pains), so I had her switch to biking. She biked more than a 5K.

*Learn to tie her shoes. Done.

Logan's:

*Learn to talk. He's made so much progress in the last year, but he still has a long was to go!

*Move to a big boy bed. Done.


*Learn to go to the bathroom in the toilet. Done.


*Learn to ride a tricycle. Done.


Our family goals:

*Finally finish our wills once and for all! Done-ish. See above.

*Go to the temple and go on a date at least once a month. We missed the temple in July. They always close the Portland temple at the end of July and we seem to have trouble getting there before that, but we went all the other months. And thanks to date night swap, we have no trouble getting dates in!

*Visit Crater Lake this summer. We had a camping trip planned, but then the whole state was covered in smoke and the visibility of the lake was terrible, so we had to change our plans. I really want to make this happen in 2019, but it might prove difficult with a new baby coming in the middle of the summer! We did get to visit Olympic National Park in October and it was amazing!

0 comments: