Thursday, January 24, 2019

Baptism Weekend

If I remember right, the grandmas and grandpas came into town Thursday evening. On Friday we made some food in preparation for the baptism lunch. My dad helped Rog get and install rocks for our yard. Rog's dad had a hurt back, but he helped us fix our front door that wasn't staying closed unless it was dead-bolted. 

My mom and I took Peyton to her dress rehearsal and then we met everyone at Sweet Tomatoes for dinner. Logan didn't enjoy his ice cream at all.


Saturday morning was Corbyn's baptism.


Looking so handsome in his suit right before we left for the baptism.


They had just started doing Stake Baptisms this year, so we hardly had to do anything. They had a guest book for each kid being baptized. There were 3 - Corbyn, Natalie McMillan, and Phineas Milliman.

We had both sets of Corbyn's grandparents, my dad's Uncle David and Aunt Mary Lou, the Yates, the Martyns, the Bonds, the Tutts, and the Willes there supporting Corbyn.





Our friend, Krislyn Willes, who was in the Stake Primary Presidency at the time, gave the talk on baptism. And Jason Packham, who was on my team for Hood to Coast the first time I ran it, gave the talk on the Holy Ghost. (Since it was a Stake Baptism we didn't get to pick speakers and stuff like that, so it felt special that we had these connections without getting to choose them.)

Of course Rog baptized and confirmed Corbyn. They had our bishop (Bishop Zabaldo) and the bishop of the Scouters Mountain Ward (Bishop Collins - who was our bishop when we were in the Happy Valley Ward) be the witnesses since the 3 kids getting baptized were from those two wards.


Corbyn told us that when he received the Holy Ghost he felt light coming into his body. He is such a special young man - he is so receptive to the spirit and has such a desire to do what's right and develop his own testimony.


After the baptism we had a little lunch at our house. We had Pulled Pork Sandwiches with French Bread Rolls, chips, watermelon, grapes, pineapple, and Asian Cabbage Salad. We also had a drink bar with lemonade, sprite, sparkling water, and Torani syrups. 


I made Snickerdoodles and also ordered a couple cakes from Nothing Bundt Cakes. (I had a coupon otherwise I wouldn't have splurged on them. They are so good, but also so expensive!)


We were especially glad the Martyns would come support Corbyn.




Then it was time to do Peyton's hair and makeup for her recital.


We had debated about whether or not to bring Logan. Our friend, Tracy Bond, had offered to watch him, but I decided I wanted him there. He's going to spend a lot of his life watching his sister dance, he might as well start getting used to it now! We didn't buy him a ticket - just had him sit on our lap - and he had a few toddler moments, but for the most part, he was very good. He loved clapping for the dancers and asked for more after each dance.


Peyton did so well. She said she was nervous, but she looked so comfortable on stage.



Her cute friend, Wren Tutt, was also in the same recital (different dance).




After the recital we got dinner at Applebee's. Then she fell asleep on the way home. It was a busy day!


That night I had a lot of sewing left to do on Peyton's Morning Glory Quilt. I was hoping to finish it before Dixie left Sunday night, so she could quilt it and bring it to the reunion the next week. I also had a lesson to prepare for my primary class, so my dad offered to teach for me! I was glad he did because I got the quilt done and was able to send it home with her.


On Sunday we had church and then got to enjoy the afternoon with both sets of grandparents. I made them dinner (Glazed Mini Meatloaves, mashed potatoes, and Easy French Bread) and then we had to start taking them to the airport. First my parents and then later, Rog's parents. (Their flight ended up being cancelled and they got to spend the night at the airport - we would have gone back to pick them up, but they didn't know when they were going to be able to get a flight out and needed to be there. That was an unfortunate ending to their trip!) 

We were so glad that they could all come for the baptism weekend!



It was a very special weekend - one that I will never forget!

0 comments: