Saturday, January 5, 2019

June

June was a busy month with lots of big events. I'll be blogging about Corbyn's birthday party, his birthday, his baptism, and our trip to Utah separately. This is the rest of June.

Free donuts at Krispy Kreme for National Donut Day. (And I'm noticing that Peyton's shirt is the shirt she wore for wacky day, so I'm thinking that was actually June 1st, not May 31st like I was thinking when I posted about May.)



Corbyn's baseball team had a little party for his last practice of the season. They played with water balloons and then had some pizza.


After I took the picture of Corbyn eating his pizza some of the boys started going out to eat on the pitching mound. I was proud that Corbyn went out there with them. He's pretty shy and didn't really have any friends on his team. He's the one in gray out there.


They also had ice cream.


The rest of the day we spent putting down weed barrier and spreading bark dust in our front yard. It was a big project and we all chipped in.






Before


After


Before


After


It looks much better, but more importantly Rog hasn't had to spend half of his life weeding since we put the weed barrier down

Peyton had picture day at dance. I like this one I took outside better than the professional one.


Mostly because I want to go fix her foot in this picture.



Corbyn finished up his baseball season. It will probably be his last since he didn't really enjoy it, but I'm proud of him for sticking it out this season.


One of the moms brought cupcakes for the last baseball game. They were purchased from a store and they had the most disgusting red frosting with way too much food coloring in it. Logan got some on his hands and was the red hand boy until we got to the car because I didn't have any baby wipes on me. 


I helped at field day and got assigned to help with this station. The kids were supposed to pick up a frog or duck with their feet and throw it out of the pool. It was interesting how some kids had no problem doing it, but others really struggled. 


It was this week that I lost that pregnancy from May. After I started bleeding they got me in for an appointment where they did an ultrasound that looked pretty much the same as the ultrasound from last November - a sac with no baby in it. They had me come in for a few blood draws and my HCG levels steadily dropped. While it was again hugely disappointing, it wasn't nearly as bad as the first miscarriage because we hadn't got our hopes up for months. If I had to lose it, it was better to have lost it early on and without the need for a D&C. There was one day when I was hugely uncomfortable and could tell that my body was dilating and later I found some tissue that I'm sure was the sac. After that it was just normal period bleeding that wasn't nearly as bad as that first miscarriage. 


With so much going on in June I knew I had to be ok. I couldn't let the joy of Corbyn turning 8 and being baptized be lost in the sadness of a miscarriage. Of course there were moments that I felt sad, but for the most part I really was fine. This scripture came to mind many times and I could truly feel the Lord strengthening me, so my burden could be light.


I finished this watermelon door hanging.


Caught in a rainstorm on the way home from a bike ride/run.


Indoor s'mores for an FHE treat? Sure, why not!



I helped at Peyton's end-of-school party. Each of the kids got an award and Peyton got the Remarkable Reader award. Reading came so easily for her and she really enjoys it.


I made pencils from the Wood Connection for the kids' teachers again this year.


Last day of 2nd grade for Corbyn.


Last day of Kindergarten for Peyton.


Logan and I decided to go eat lunch with the kids on their last day. 


Peyton really wanted to try hot lunch, so I let her do that.


Then we tracked the kids down after recess, so I could take pictures of them with their teachers.

Peyton and Ms. Fryback (and Evelyn).


Corbyn and Ms. Rowland.


After school we went to EZ Freezy with a bunch of friends to celebrate the end of school.



I had been working to design shirts for our upcoming Phillips family reunion. When they arrived, the kids got to model them to show the family.


I made some little treats to send to both dads for Father's Day.


And my dad also got this card because I saw it on Pinterest and knew it was perfect for him.


I made charts with the kids' morning jobs to make our summer mornings go a little more smoothly.


I also downloaded this free Summer Bucket List from Alexa Zurcher and added text before getting it printed out at FedEx Office.


Finally we started up our Summer Themed Days. 

Make Something Monday

We made pinecone pineapples for our first Monday.


We went on a walk to find pinecones and Logan insisted on carrying back way more than we needed for our craft.


The next week we made watermelons out of paper plates.

 

Logan's turned out a little more abstract than the others.


Time to Get Wet Tuesday

We put the sprinkler under the tramp for our first Time to Get Wet Tuesday.




And then got out the pool with the slide the next week. Both of these were on our Summer Bucket List. I think it's safe to say whichever day of the week we get wet always ends up being the kids' favorite!


What Park Wednesday

I was trying to keep our ward playgroup going through the summer and the consensus was that a consistent day of the week would be the easiest, so when Wednesday was chosen I made that our activity for the day and called it What Park Wednesday. The first Wednesday of summer we had to go to Bridgeport Village to take my laptop to the Apple Store, so we got Happy Meals and tried out a park over in Tigard.



Time to Read Thursday

Thursday became our library day.


Something Fun Friday

We had Corbyn's birthday party on a Friday, so that was our something fun for the week. Then the week after that the Grandmas and Grandpas were here for Corbyn's baptism weekend, so that was our something fun for the week.

The day after Corbyn's party and the day before his birthday, we saw Incredibles 2 with Emery for his birthday party.


Father's Day fell on Corbyn's birthday this year. We mostly just celebrated Corbyn's birthday, but tried to make our dad feel special too.


We had a huge rainstorm that afternoon. Some of us went out and played in the rain. Others of us stayed dry and took pictures of the crazies.



Rog had picked out a new grill for his gift (since our old grill was as old as Corbyn). The kids and I also got him a grilling apron and grilling gloves to go with it.


The kids all did swim lessons. It was the first year I haven't had to do a mom and me class with one of them and I thoroughly enjoyed just sitting and watching.


Logan's class was closest to where I sat, so I was able to get some good pictures of him. I tried taking pictures of the older two, but none of them turned out.




Logan fell asleep watching a show like this. I can't blame him, it was quite the month (and this wasn't even all of it)!

0 comments: