Monday, April 1, 2019

4 Years

Logan's 4 year stats:

Weight: 40 pounds, 2 ounces (80th percentile)
Height: 41 inches (65th percentile)

(Almost exactly the same as Peyton at 4 years, and very close to Corbyn at 4 years.)

Logan at 4 years:

*Loves to play board and card games with the family, but hates when he loses or hates when whoever he is playing with (on their team) loses.
*Always has to be the first one to the bus stop in the morning and will throw a fit if Corbyn or Peyton beat him.
*Tells me that the swoosh on his Nike shoes makes him win. (I just ordered him Carter's shoes because they are way cheaper than the Nike's he's been wearing. Hopefully he doesn't throw a fit when he sees that they don't have the swoosh on them!)
*Is a good eater, but still doesn't eat most things that are on a bun or in a tortilla. He'll usually eat whatever we are eating on a bun just without the bun or just eats the filling from inside the tortilla.
*Is a messy eater. He doesn't seem to get the food on his face as he is putting it in his mouth, but then I look at him a few minutes later and somehow his face has gotten messy. He likes to stick his fingers in his mouth while there is still food in there, so I think that is the problem.
*Will either tell us that he hates something or doesn't hate it. There's no in between.
*Tells us "no" more than our other kids combined. 
*Is always saying, "I don't want to."
*Asks why.
*Is always telling me he's not a baby anymore.
*Still has a long way to go with his speech, but compared to where he was a year ago, he has made great progress. He and I have spent a lot of time in speech therapy this year, so I'd hope so! He's gone through weird phases recently where he'll suddenly change things he was saying correctly for a couple weeks, but then he seems to go back to saying it correctly. Like for a few weeks he was changing the second syllable in a lot of words to be "we" instead of whatever it's supposed to be. Like, instead of mommy he'd say ma"we," instead of daddy da"we," instead of tummy tu"we"... Then he went through a phase where he was saying a lot of g's at the beginning of words that he could previously say well. Like instead of "I don't want to" he'd say "I gon't gant to." It's frustrating, but I think it's just part of his exploration of new sounds.
*Tries to sing songs and depending on the lyrics does pretty well. He sings, "Let it go" and it's pretty cute. 
*Is getting pretty good at counting and is starting to recognize letters.
*Thinks that if we are home and I'm not playing with him, he needs to be on a screen. I make sure we leave the house at least a few times a day for his preschool, joy school, speech, errands, playgroup, story time at the library, etc... And I try to play with him (usually board games) when I can, but I do have to get things done when we are home and I know he spends more time on a screen than he should. (I'm really hoping we can break this habit when the kids are home for the summer!)
*Is very good at Mario Run on my phone and Sonic Run on his tablet. He hasn't been able to figure out how to play Mario or other games like that on the WiiU.
*Says he wants to go home almost as soon as we leave the house.
*Points with his middle finger when he points with his right hand, but his pointer finger when he points with his left hand.
*Is pretty defiant at home and can be a huge whiner for us, but he is very good at preschool, church, and for other adults.
*Has been wanting to watch The Lion King a lot recently which is fun for me and Rog because none of our other kids have liked The Lion King at all and we both are fans from when it came out when we were growing up.
*Is my smoothie buddy. Most mornings he eats just a little cereal while the big kids are eating breakfast and then shares a smoothie with me about an hour or so after they leave for school.

And now here are some of my favorite pictures of Logan from the past year.


 



His friend Riley - her name is one of the only names he can correctly pronounce. He can say it even better than he says PJ and Corbyn's names.


























Took a bad fall running to the bus stop in his rain boots in October (it wasn't even raining) and his face was scabbed over for weeks!





Mario is his favorite (Corbyn didn't even know who Mario was at this age) and he hardly even knows who Batman is (Corbyn was obsessed at this age).




Always on a screen and always flipping everyone off.



My only kid who has gone through an "I hate the bath" phase.


Sleeping with all the stuffed animals in his room.



The rest of the family was eating stuffed French toast for breakfast and all he wanted was a banana!


He definitely has his hard and frustrating times, but he can also be so sweet. We love our Logan boy!

0 comments: