Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Rog!

(and Kenzie, Grandpa Ririe, Austin, and Aiden!) January 5 is a very popular day in to be born in my family and Roger's family.

This year I wanted to surprise Roger with something that would really make him excited. So I decided to get him Rock Band for the Wii. Being right after Christmas, all of the stores were sold out of said Rock Band, so I searched everywhere and with the help of my brother, we found one at Game Stop in St. George. I had my sister and BIL drive it home and the plan was for them to put it in our living room, so Rog would see it when we got home from dinner at his favorite restaurant, Outback. But like most plans, this one didn't exactly go as I imagined it.

I had texted Roger's brother to see if he thought I should get it for the Wii or for the Playstation 2. So of course he knew what I was getting him and he told all of Roger's family. This would have been fine, but the message didn't get passed along to Kenzie that it was a surprise, so when she called to wish him a happy birthday, she accidentally mentioned that she heard he got Rock Band. It was an honest mistake, so I'm not mad at her at all. It was just unfortunate.

If that wasn't enough, it was snowing like crazy and the roads were a mess... so we decided to just get our groceries (we were completely out of food from being in St. George) and then get dinner at Sonic. Don't worry, we're going to Outback this weekend, so Rog will still get to eat at his favorite restaurant.

Even though things didn't go as planned, I think he still had a good birthday. Happy 24 babe!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife is the greatest! It was a wonderful birthday and a the little complications just made it more entertaining. I had a wonderful birthday.

Mom Lori said...

Happy Birthday Roger,
We Love You!

Kent says, "It's too bad you live in such a snowy place where the weather can complicate your birthday plans."

Lori says, "What were they thinking when they built BYU in Provo, they should have built it in Saint George!"

Nate said...

Happy belated birthday, Roger!

Keep on rockin'!

Edda Phillips said...

Yeah, I know how planning an awesome birthday party can go way wrong for your hubby, Shauna. Did you hear about our "I ain't no Mexican" disaster cake? If not, I'll fill ya in. But yes, January 5th is a good day, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY ROGER!!! ROCK ON!

Jaxon's Mommy said...

To clarify, on the 5th our mom said Roger had "got" Rock Band for his birthday, not that he was "getting" Rock Band. Nothing accidentally slipped, I was told that was what he got and I truely thought Roger had told her about it. :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday (late:) Roger!

Can you pass that along for me ...

Cute blog Shauna :D

Julie