Friday, January 30, 2009

What a week!

Today, the last Friday in January, at 5:00 was our deadline for closing the year. I've talked about closing before, so if you need an explanation of what that means, click here. The month started out badly with our Controller going to Cancun for a week. Of course there were other obstacles along the way, so we started the week knowing it would be a rough one.

It was also a busy week after work. I got to drive past the point of the mountain Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday night.

On Tuesday Rog and I went to the Draper Temple Open House. It was a great experience and we were very glad we went. Although I'm pretty sure it was about the coldest night we could have chosen to go! It was freezing!

On Wednesday I had a dress rehearsal up in Salt Lake and Thursday was my show. I have always had loyal supporters and this show was no exception. My grandpa and grandma on my dad's side came and of course Rog was there (whether he liked it or not). Unfortunately it wasn't my best performance, but that's the way it goes.

Somehow I made it through the week and we did get the year closed. Although we definitely cut it too close for comfort! Thank goodness it's finally the weekend!

1 comments:

Mom Lori said...

Glad you did get the year closed! On a much smaller scale, I had to get W2's and 1099's out this week. W2's can be entered online and then printed, but 1099's still require the use of my typewriter. It's the only time I use it all year.