Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July 3rd

Because the 4th was on a Saturday this year, we got the 3rd off. There really is nothing better than getting paid for not working! We started out the morning bright and early at the balloon festival. As expected, it did not disappoint! I told Rog that someday I want a blue hot air balloon with a big Y on the side. We'll see if he can deliver.

After watching the balloons, we headed over to Kneaders for their AMAZING french toast. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. Seriously.

Then it was off to the Great Salt Lake. I've lived in Utah my whole life and have never been, so we decided we needed to go. That is definitely one disguisting lake, but it is definitely something everyone should do once. It really is crazy how easy it is to float!



Finally we went to Gateway to play in the fountains. Despite the dirty looks we got from the parents there with their kids, we had a great time!



Thanks McKae and Tony for joining us for our adventures in SLC!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mom Lori said...

My Mom would love the Tigger balloon.

When you get your BYU balloon, can I have a ride?

Notice on the Gateway Fountains photos - McKae and Roger's smiles are identical!

Mom Lori said...

. . . but Roger's is scarier!

tracy said...

Heh...sorry sis....but i think that's Tony the Tiger.....