Friday, July 10, 2009

July 4th

Sorry for the delay... I had this post all ready to go on Wednesday morning, but when I pushed Publish, my internet freaked out on me...

We started out our 4th of July with the Freedom Run 5K. It was a good race and a good way to start the day. My only complaint is that the race shirts they gave us were pretty cool... other than the fact that they were much bigger than most race shirts. So Rog has two shirts - mine that fits him and his that is too big for him. Ah well.

After our run, we joined our friends Daniel and Aeff (and a bunch of their friends we didn't know) to float the Mighty Provo River. The water was absolutely FREEZING, but it was fun anyway. I would describe it as one big, long, natural water slide. Definitely an experience to remember!

Finally we headed up to SLC for the Bees game. Ever since we have known each other, we have watched the Stadium of Fire fireworks outside the stadium (it was actually our first date). But this year we wanted to do something different. We figured, what better to do on the 4th of July than watch a baseball game? It is America's past time! The game went into 3 extra innings which was a little annoying because by then we just wanted to see the fireworks. But we waited it out and got to enjoy the firework show from the field!



We are so lucky that we live in a country where we are free. God Bless America!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mom Lori said...

I'd like to try the river run later in the year when the water warms up!

God bless the USA!

Shad and Krista McOmber said...

Oh man, Shad and I did the Provo river last year! It was SO cold, and we did it in June. NOT a good idea, I did not enjoy it. I remember thinking "Ok, now I can say i did it, and NEVER do it again!" I totally wiped out fell under the water, lost my shoe... it was just not my favorite thing. But cute swim suit, and looks like you had a better time that I did! ;)

Chace & Rivka said...

Rog & Shauna! How are you doing? We miss seeing your happy faces each week. I guess stalking will just have to suffice for now! Take care!

Roger said...

That water was soooo cold! But we had a good time.