Friday, August 21, 2009

High School Reunion

Last Saturday was my high school reunion. It seems like these 5 years have flown by, but at the same time it seems like I've been graduated from high school for forever! I'm getting OLD! Unfortunately not that many people came to the reunion (I think lots of people were on vacations), but it was good to see the ones that did come.

We had a good laugh looking at the papers we filled out at our Senior Dinner Dance. Emily and I totally called what we would be doing in 5 years. I wrote, "married, graduated from college, working as an accountant." NO JOKE. Emily was spot on too.

I got to see Bud! That happens a lot during BYU football season, but not a whole lot the rest of the year. He is definitely one of my favorite people from high school.

The reunion was at a park just west of Hillcrest. Although I must have driven past it a million times, I didn't even know it was there. After the reunion, I took Rog to my favorite place from my high school days... the football stadium where I spent many days cheering. Go HUSKIES!

The Dawg Pound is where all the students sit and also where the Varsity Cheerleaders cheer. Because I was on Varsity my junior and senior year, I got to cheer in front of the Dawg Pound for 2 years. Good times!



They read a list of all the changes that have occurred at Hillcrest since we graduated.... surprisingly there were many! In addition to many of the teachers retiring (including my cheer coach/dance company teacher), Hillcrest is now a 4A school (we were a 5A school) and is in a completely different district. I'd say those are pretty big changes to have happen in only 5 years!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mom Lori said...

I remember those good, old days.

I'm glad you had such a positive high school experience!

roger said...

I knew that I would see some cheerleading at this thing, I just knew it.