Friday, September 18, 2009

BYU Game Day Door Hanging

As promised here are the directions for the BYU game day door hanging.

You will need: a wooden B Y and U (not pictured), Mod Podge, paint (blue and white), brush, wire, pliers, embellishments (i.e. buttons, stars, etc...), letters (also not pictured), and a drill.



First paint your B Y and U (1). You don't have to do them all the same color... You could do one white and two blue or one blue and two white.

Apply the letters using Mod Podge (2). I made mine say, "game day" because I have an autumn door hanging I plan on using during the week and I'm just going to put this one out on game day, but you could make it say, "go cougs," "rise and shout," or whatever else you want.

Apply your embellishments using Mod Podge (3).

Drill holes in the top corners (4) and through wooden stars to string through the wire (5).

Cut your wire using the pliers and connect the B Y and U together (6). It worked best to wrap the wire around the brush handle if you want your wire curly like shown.



And that's it! Now you're ready to cheer on our cougars (or at least your door is)!


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

ashley said...

These are SO cute! I am definitely going to have to make one of these! Even if we're far away, we can still show our cougar love :)

Emily said...

I gotta hang mine up! Show some pride!!

tracy said...

....ummmmm, i think you got the letters wroung....it's "USU"....or "Aggies".....but still v e r y cute! :)

Mom Lori said...

Go BYU! Sorry Tracy, gotta l o v e these letters - B Y U

You should publish a book - Shauna's crafts!

Shad and Krista McOmber said...

You are my inspiration!!! I totally made a BYU craft today that I LOVE, and i totally stole this idea (but made my own modifications of course)!! I love all your crafts! Thanks for sharing, and I'm so excited to show mine off! L-O-V-E it!