Saturday, September 12, 2009

Disneyland!

I know, I know... It's been awhile. I was all caught up until we went to Disneyland. Then we got home and I was busy all week with Enrichment and our Marathon Relay... We'll see if I can make a dent this afternoon while I watch the BYU game!

In case anyone was wondering, Disneyland is still the Happiest Place on Earth! We drove down to St. George Thursday after work, got up early Friday morning to finish the drive to Anaheim, and were in Disneyland by 1:00 that afternoon. It was like being home! We rode rides all afternoon. It was very hot and humid, but we cooled off on Splash Mountain - seriously we were soaked! Then we went to the Rainforest Cafe for dinner. We ate there on our honeymoon and they sat us at the exact same table this time without us even asking. I had the most delicious country fried chicken. We also got beignets at the Jazz Kitchen and got covered in powdered sugar! We rode some more rides and then went back to our hotel room to catch some zzzz's before our 5K the next morning.



The Disneyland 5K was the primary purpose for our trip and it did not disappoint! We were debating if we should run with our camera and we were glad we did. We got so many good pictures along the way! When we finished I told Rog it was the coolest thing we have ever done. He thought that was a little extreme, but it really was AWESOME! The run started at the Disneyland Hotel, went through Downtown Disney, into California Adventure, and all over Disneyland ending on Main Street.



After the run we spent the day in Disneyland and California Adventure with Rog's family. I discovered my new favorite ride - Midway Games in California Adventure. I rode it 4 times - twice alone which is something I do not do. If you go to Disneyland, definitely go on it at least once. (It's over by the California Screamer.) We ended the night with the fireworks show. Tinkerbell and Dumbo made an appearance in the sky. I tell ya what, Disneyland doesn't do anything half out.

Sunday we went to Rog's ward in Moreno Valley that he grew up in and then headed back to St. George. On Monday we cut some wood at the Phillips Wood Shop (watch for some projects coming soon). Then we washed, vaccumed, and detailed Meg at the Ririe Car Wash, played a game of Ticket to Ride, and ate at Applebees before heading back to P Town.

It was truly a magical weekend! Thanks Mickey for letting me visit! Hopefully I'll be back soon!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mom Lori said...

Glad I told you to try Midway Games - Love that ride!

Love that Disneyland - love Mickey and especially Minnie (she's my favorite)

Mom Lori said...

Very glad that Saint George is on the way to Disneyland so we got to see Rog and Shauna! Loved the Ticket to Ride game and dinner at Applebees!