Saturday, September 26, 2009

Viva Las Vegas

Last weekend we went down to Las Vegas for the wedding of these two love birds.



It was a lovely wedding. I almost teared up a little during the ceremony because you could just tell they were in love. We are very happy for them.

Now, to be quite honest I wasn't excited about going because it meant we had to miss the Florida State game. But it actually turned out to be a blessing in disguise... I'm sure anyone who went to or watched the game would agree. We watched the first half in the sports bar in Caesar's Palace, but then we left to eat dinner at Outback with a bunch of Roger's cousins. From what I have heard, that was also a blessing because the second half was even worse than the first. Let's just say that when the polls came out we were feeling lucky to still be in the top 25 - we came in at 19.

Anyway, dinner was probably the best part of the day. Roger's cousins are loud, hilarious, and a ton of fun. It was really only the second or third time I've been around them, so I haven't quite broken out of my shell yet. But it was super fun to just sit there and listen to them.



We stuck around long enough to watch the Bellagio Fountains in the dark and then headed back to St. George where we were staying.



It was a quick trip, but it's always good to get to spend time with family and even better when we get to spend time with both families - which we did.

Congrats to Chris and Allie!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mom Lori said...

We feel very fortunate to get to spend any time we can with Roger and Shauna.

Glad you guys enjoyed the wedding and missed the sad BYU game!

Roger said...

It really was a fun time. I like my family too.