Sunday, September 13, 2009

Go Cougs!

In case anyone has been living in a cave and hasn't heard... BYU freaking beat Oklahoma 14-13 last week! (Of course we were in Disneyland, so we didn't get to watch it. But we were getting frequent updates from our BIL, Irving's phone the whole time.)

We were absolutely astonished because Oklahoma was ranked number 3 and we never thought we would beat them... we thought we would be lucky to not get crushed! As a result we moved from number 20 to number 9 in the polls. People are even talking about BYU being in the National Championship Game if we go undefeated this season! Wouldn't that be sweet... 25 years after our 1984 National Champtionship?!

And yesterday we crushed Tulane 54-3... Bringing us up to number 7 in the polls. Yes, things are looking good for the cougars this year and I couldn't be happier!

5 comments:

Edda Phillips said...

I don't know whether to be happy or sad! Oklahoma... BYU... Oklahoma... BYU...? I love them both!!

Mom Lori said...

I say - Be Happy! Go BYU!

tracy said...

Tulane???????? Hummmm....always reminds me of "Girl, Interrupted"...yep, t h a t movie....

tracy said...

"Miss Kaysen, you have the distinction of being the only Senior not planning on attending college. Can you tell me what your plans are?"

Quincy said...

Hey I found your blog! This game stinkin rocked! I am a U fan all the way but when a BYU win like this comes through and the stars are right... your jaw has to drop with awesomeness! I linked your blog to mine hope that's ok!