Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Holiday Baking

Over the weekend I was busy, busy, busy in the kitchen. On Friday I made Cornflake Wreaths for the Pugh Christmas party. I had never made them before. Emily asked me to make them and I'll admit, I was a little skeptical. But they turned out great! Rog helped by putting the red hots on which according to the comments was a "good kid job." We had a good laugh about that!



Then on Saturday, I made Applesauce Cake for a funeral in our ward. It was the second funeral we had in one week which was very out of the norm for our ward - we have a few older people, but most are couples in our stage of life.

And finally I decorated cupcakes for our ward Christmas party on Tuesday. I made and decorated them on Monday, so I wouldn't be doing it last minute on Tuesday. Unfortunately that backfired on me and I ended up having to take the ornament hooks out because they cracked. I did a patch job and they looked pretty, but it wasn't the ornament look I was going for. Oh well, they still tasted good!



What holiday baking are you doing this Christmas season?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I love those cupcakes, how cute!!!

Mom Lori said...

Wow my daughter is creative :)

Everything looks delicious - good job on the red hots Rog!

tracy said...

The wreaths are adorable...and Rog is such a good "helper"..ha!