Friday, June 8, 2012

Peyton's Blessing

Last weekend was all about Peyton's blessing.

I made the invitation in Photoshop.



My parents and Roger's grandparents came from St. George and Roger's parents came from Colorado.

On Saturday Roger's parents met Peyton for the first time. She is their first granddaughter, so I think they were a little excited!



My mom and I cooked all afternoon and evening for the brunch after the blessing. We made Banana Chocolate Chip MuffinsCinnamon MuffinsPeach MuffinsZucchini Cheese Quiche, Spinach Artichoke and Bacon Quiche (from the Our Best Bites 2012 Calendar), and Lime Fruit Dip.

Rog and I were up late cleaning and putting the finishing touches on everything. I was making her bow at 11:00 pm!

We blessed her in our ward along with 4 other babies.

Those in the circle were Peyton's:

Great Grandpa Phillips
Grandpa Phillips
Grandpa Ririe
Mom's Uncle Kevin Ririe
Mom's Cousin Brady Ririe
Uncle Anthony Gonzalez
Uncle Bill Petrosino

Roger gave her a beautiful blessing. He blessed her with a love of the Savior, a life of happiness and joy, health, and to keep her eye on the temple. He told her that she is loved greatly and that her Heavenly Father has wonderful things in store for her here.

Now for the pictures of our little princess.









It was a beautiful day!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Roger said...

She's cute.

Rachel said...

What a cute and sweet little girl! You were busy! I'm sure everything was perfect. :)

tracy said...

That dress is just gorgeous and she looks so beautiful in it. So glad you had a lovely day!

Mom Lori said...

I got to "assist" the cook as she worked her magic!

It was a special weekend - we enjoyed being with Roger's family too!

Peyton looked so pretty - lil' sweetheart <3