Monday, May 3, 2010

Weekend

This weekend was pretty chill. Rog thought he had to change our back brake pads on Fred, but when he got in there he discovered he didn't. He did have the drums turned (whatever that means). I'm grateful for a husband who can work on our car and save us some $$! His parents got him a BBQ for his graduation, so we had hamburgers straight off the grill for lunch!



We played some Beatles Rockband with the Pughs Saturday night and discovered that the Beatles were definitely smoking something when they wrote half of their songs.

On Sunday I made the most amazing Oven-baked Chicken Parmesan for dinner. This dish is one of my favorites to order when I go out to eat, but it had never occurred to me that I could make it at home until a few weeks ago. I finally got around to trying it and I was pleasantly surprised how easy it was. It will definitely be added to our list of regulars at our house!



I got this cute "HOME" wood set at Wood Connection on our anniversary. Wood Connection is up in Murray, so we stopped on our way to the Ogden temple. I finally got around to painting it Sunday night while we watched "Fidler on the Roof" (Hillcrest's production from my senior year). The "o" changes every month, so it will be a fun year-round decoration. I was particularly proud that I painted the inside of the flower a different color than the outside of the flower.


Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Brigitte said...

CoOL! I've been personally looking for a place that sells stuff similar to that. Wood Connection, I'll have to look them up. Your chicken looks yummy!

Mom Lori said...

I wish my hubby liked to barbecue :(

Dinner looks absolutely yummy :)

I love your "H O M E" decoration. That's cool that the "O" changes with every month.

Emily said...

Lucy in the sky with diamonds....wait, thats like LSD!!!!

Love your 'home' letters. I'll have to go buy the H,M and E!

I had no idea you got a grill for graduation! Awesome!

tracy said...

Were you playing the "Psychedelic Years"? They were smoking something good !

"Come together, right now, over
Me."

Maybe you have to be old....

The old "LSD" story rises again.......wait...is that....?

tracy said...

" Lucy, with Diamonds, in the Sky" ;)

"I am the Walrus, i am the Walrus, i am the Eggman, cucukacoo.

Or t h i s myth (playing a certian song backwards) ..."Paul is a dead man, miss him, miss him..."

Okay, i've out worn my welcome...maybe forever.......

tracy said...

....i think they were doing something more than smoking....however, they made some smokin' great music.

Not as great as "The Boss" or "Bon Jovi" or "Doug Cotler" (doug cotler.com dicography) But still.....

Diana, Jason, and Blake said...

Hey send me the recipe if you don't mind:)